232 Gulf Stream Helm seats

BigD808

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Wondering if anyone has changed out their original ladder back seats for other options. I’m looking for more of a high back type of chair to replace my seats. Currently looking at Llebroc Mako, which I believe you could get as an option on the 232. I’d like to know if anyone else chose other brands, and seat types and why they chose them. Also looking to get my seats a little higher, I’ve searched and notice most people got longer pedestals, and cut them to the length they desired. Does anyone know who makes the original bases? I’m thinking of changing those as well, due to the originals being pretty corroded.

BigD808

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Bump… I’m guessing everyone stuck with the ladder backs on their Gulfstream’s

SeaFarah

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
BigD,

I have the Llebroc Mako chairs ordered for my Gulfstream. Eagerly awaiting their arrival. Will let you know how they feel and how I like them when they arrive and I get them on the boat. Take Care

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I went to a flip-back helm seat earlier this year. Got it from Arrigoni Designs in CT. It's available for less from other suppliers. Haven't used it yet but it should work well. I'm always spinning my helm chair around to fish. Now I just flip it!

IMG_2865.jpeg IMG_2866.jpeg

Last edited:

BigD808

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
BigD,

I have the Llebroc Mako chairs ordered for my Gulfstream. Eagerly awaiting their arrival. Will let you know how they feel and how I like them when they arrive and I get them on the boat. Take Care
Thanks for the response. I just got my revised quote with shipping back from them today.

I had a couple of questions, what color did you end up going with, and what pedestal option. I was hoping to re-use the existing pedestals for another couple of months, then eventually bite the bullet for the shoxs pedestals.

SeaFarah

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Thanks for the response. I just got my revised quote with shipping back from them today.

I had a couple of questions, what color did you end up going with, and what pedestal option. I was hoping to re-use the existing pedestals for another couple of months, then eventually bite the bullet for the shoxs pedestals.
The color of mine (still haven’t been delivered yet) are Voyager Sand. They said that is the color they send all chairs to Grady White and it is the match. I didn’t order pedestals as they said mine should work fine. I’m going to use the ones on the boat for now and may do something different with them in the next year, something like you’re thinking. The shox pedestals are nice!

BigD808

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
The color of mine (still haven’t been delivered yet) are Voyager Sand. They said that is the color they send all chairs to Grady White and it is the match. I didn’t order pedestals as they said mine should work fine. I’m going to use the ones on the boat for now and may do something different with them in the next year, something like you’re thinking. The shox pedestals are nice!
Thanks for the reply. Sounds good on the pedestals, I was hoping to re-use mine as well for a few months. Can’t wait to see them installed.

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Following. I'm looking to replace the base of a grady ladder back chair. flip seats look great however my 3rd passenger stands and holds on the the handles on the seats so without it they will lean and push the back into me driving. Happened on my last boat and was annoying.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I put the Llebroc Mako (GW uses a custom version of these today) on my 300. Fold up seat makes a great bolster for your back. Seat is big and super comfy. I'd recommend it.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have 2007 and I believe it came stock with the Pompanette T2005 helm chair.