232 Gulfstream Aux fuel tank

bls-fla

Reaction score
Anyone have a problem filling 232 Gulfstream aux fuel tank? Mine acts like it's full or the inlet line is blocked. If I don't put the fuel in really really slowly it will come out the overflow. Obviously I can't see much of the fill pipe but what I can see at the tank and fill inlet look OK, no kinks or soft spots.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i had a problem with my '02 main tank. dealer pulled almost 1.5" of excess fill and vent line out. i would check that. ron

bls-fla

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't see any sign of a kink or tight bend but then I can only see the ends of the hoses. I think I'm going to put in an access hatch so I can get to the hoses at the filler end. That seems like a place to start so I can at least inspect that area better. I wonder if it's actually possible to replace the hoses by using the old hoses to pull the new ones?? Before I go there I need to make sure I'm not missing something real simple.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
what year? on my '02, you could clearly see and feel the excess line by looking under the gunwale where the fills were. the dealer said they had to do another one before mine. also, i just saw i put the wrong notation in my previous post. it was a foot and a half of excess line. ron