232 Gulfstream electronics

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i have a 4kw raymarine radome (on a seaview aft leaning mount) with a c-80 mfd and a kvh autocomp 1000. works fine. not a big fan of ray's software update schedule. it's a 2002 gulfstream. ron

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I had a smalll furuno on my Gulfstream. It was a 2004 Gulfsteam and it fit perfect on the forward part of the hardtop. It worked perfect and met my expectations. fairly staight forward install,

jweschler

Reaction score
Please let me know if you have any questions and here are the pictures of how I set mine up. I think the remote spot light came out the best.

100_0851.jpg

100_0848.jpg

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Here is a tip on the Furuno radar if you want to install it in the the lower electronic box. My furuno unit would not fit in the box ont the bracket and I did not want it mounted on the top. I bought 2 6 inch wide velcro strips and put one on the bottom of the radar video unit and one on the end of the brakcket which was positioned to the rear of the unit. Once both velcro strips locked in place it never moved and inch.

Bokat

Reaction score
pwake7,

I have JRC 3000 4kw radar mounted in the overhead E box in my 1993 230. It is a CRT screen and 24 in. dome. The setup works well but I have an aftermarket hardtop and E box. The box is a little larger than the factory box. The hardtop is almost exactly like factory except about 3 - 4 in. taller. The electronics are 2003 vintage.

I have a Garmin 2006c and RM ST 5001 AP mounted in the lower E box door. I had a new door fabricated for mounting the GPS and AP and had to move the latch over a few inches due to the size of the GPS. That way I can still use the box for storing items. My arrangement works well for me. Have fun with your Gulfstream.