232 Gulfstream Switch Panel Question

newwiremarine

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a customer I'm working with to upgrade his old style toggle switch panel on a late 90's 232 Gulfstream, to the new style carbon fiber "look" rocker switch panels found on the 2002 to 2004 models.

The dash seems the same to me, just the newer looking rockers instead of toggles.

From looking at photos online it seems the 2002 - 2004 GW Gulfstream 232's have a 12 switch panel, with only 10 breakers (attached). Once I started CAD'ing up the new panel I can see why they would do that... just not enough space for the last breaker, and they wanted to keep the same console mold I figure.

My question is: did GW just double up some switches on breakers? Not really ideal, but still safe I'm thinking. If any owners of these 232's know how the panels are wired up with less breakers than switches, please let me know.

thanks!

Attachments

• grady panel photo.jpg
    grady panel photo.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 2,575

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I can't really tell from your picture but i can see the last switch on the first row is to switch the reading on your tanks to the gauge which does not require a hot wire so no breaker. What are the other switches for?

newwiremarine

Reaction score
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
I can't really tell from your picture but i can see the last switch on the first row is to switch the reading on your tanks to the gauge which does not require a hot wire so no breaker. What are the other switches for?

thanks for the reply... and good point, maybe some switches are signal not power distribution...

I haven't finalized the switch list with him yet. The photo attached below was just a sample I found online from a later model 232, so not sure what switches Grady was putting on back then... this is just the panel style he wanted to replace his toggle switches with.

I'd imagine over the years he has changed and updated his electronics so the switch layout may not be what GW had originally.

newwiremarine

Reaction score
Finished the panel... in case you're interested... here's the old version...

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 2,504

newwiremarine

Reaction score
Here's the new one... fits in same space.

Attachments

• Grady White Switch Panel.jpg
    Grady White Switch Panel.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 2,517

newwiremarine

Reaction score
thanks all!

bea5454 said:
Looks great! What/who does the "eject" switch deal with - people with bananas?

exactly... you just hand them their banana and a life jacket and ask them to sit in the "special" seat and BOING!! :shock: Just make sure you're running >30mph... don't want them to land at the stern before the boat's out from under them... that would be awkward... :mrgreen:

This customer is also getting a matching left side panel cut for the gauges... will post a pic when it's done.

newwiremarine

Reaction score
Here's the left side... just cutout to match radius on corners and gauge holes... should really update the look of the dash on his GW. Thanks!

Attachments

• Grady White port side_gauges.jpg
    Grady White port side_gauges.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 2,424