232 Gulfstream w/twins no affliation

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
She's been listed for the last 4 weeks and still hasn't sold, eh?

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
And your point?
Well... if something has been listed, yet hasn't sold in over 4 weeks now, to me that's very much indicative of the price being too high? Here's a link to the ad on Boat Trader for those of you that might be interested. For those of you that are also interested in the purposes of comparing prices, here's a 2006 that has also been listed for over a month now that is $12k less as well as has fewer hours, yet it hasn't sold yet. If that one is struggling to sell at $53k, then I imagine the the other is definitely going to struggle at $65k. Just my thoughts and opinions on the matter of course,

Last edited:
Reactions: 28 conquest

232Grady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Well... if something has been listed, yet hasn't sold in over 4 weeks now, to me that's very much indicative of the price being too high? Here's a link to the ad on Boat Trader for those of you that might be interested. For those of you that are also interested in the purposes of comparing prices, here's a 2006 that has also been listed for over a month now that is $12k less as well as has fewer hours, yet it hasn't sold yet. If that one is struggling to sell at $53k, then I imagine the the other is definitely going to struggle at $65k. Just my thoughts and opinions on the matter of course,

Well your thoughts might not be professionally based, comparing the downturn in recent sales of less than 50' boats. Especially this time of year, which sees a reduction of sales till January 15th. While many appreciate your following of available boats, some may also realize you are no expert evaluating value or condition of the boats you post.
You obviously have a passion for knowing what Grady Whites are available and where, but "no affiliation". Now, you're assuming and inserting your opinion of their value without research, history, location, etc.

Going cross country to buy a boat, that's your choice and experience.That one experience, yours!

I say this all respectfully!
You are a wealth of information, but stay in your lane.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Well your thoughts might not be professionally based, comparing the downturn in recent sales of less than 50' boats. Especially this time of year, which sees a reduction of sales till January 15th. While many appreciate your following of available boats, some may also realize you are no expert evaluating value or condition of the boats you post.
You obviously have a passion for knowing what Grady Whites are available and where, but "no affiliation". Now, you're assuming and inserting your opinion of their value without research, history, location, etc.

Going cross country to buy a boat, that's your choice and experience.That one experience, yours!

I say this all respectfully!
You are a wealth of information, but stay in your lane.
I honestly don't care if you think my thoughts are "professionally based" or not as I'm not doing this for any reason other than to help others in their boat buying process and have actually now bought 3 boats back east and trailered them out to Seattle. On top of that, I've never once claimed to be an expert or have any affiliation with anyone or anything, especially on boats that I've only seen pictures of online, and haven't actually seen them in person. I will say though, that I do have a good deal of experience with boat prices over the last 7-8 years as that is how long I've been looking off and on for boats throughout the entire country, not just in the PNW. I've been looking at Grady White's from Seattle to the east coast for years now, which is why I bought my boat back in Maryland as it was less than half the price of what they sell for out here. This is a forum and I'm giving my thoughts and opinions on the matter, just like you and everyone else is also doing. Hence the reason for having a forum. If someone chooses to listen to what I have to say then great, if not and they either don't want to listen or want to ignore me, then that is great and well within their right to do as well. Finally, yeah... don't ever tell me or someone else what to do or to "stay in their lane", especially when you just complained about someone else giving their opinions on something, which is exactly what you're doing, yet you have nothing to back it up with. The fact that these boats have both been for sale for several months now is indicative of the fact that you don't know what you're talking about and are just giving your incorrect opinions on the matter. I'm all for giving advice and opinions as well but telling someone to stay in their own lane is uncalled for. Oh well, one more to add to the ignore list. Good luck.

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
The market may be softening a bit as well as inflation and margin increases take more of people's budget.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I think that the market, like just about every other winter out there, is likely softening a bit during the winter months, especially with going into the Christmas holiday season. People likely aren't spending their money on boats right now and instead are spending their money on other things like presents, vacations and other things, other than boats. I think the even bigger reason is that you've got 12 different GW 232 Gulfstream's for sale just on Boat Trader alone between the years of 1998 and 2012. So... you've got a ton of competition for selling boats right now, during arguably the slowest part of the year. I think it'll likely pick back up a little bit in the early spring when the average weather temperatures throughout the country start to pick back up a bit, and maybe if there is less competition from other competing boats. I'm always up for a friendly debate, but not when someone essentially tells me to shut up, and especially right after they claim that I'm a wealth of information. Thanks Surely Bassey for the support, it's not like I'm doing this for any sort of monetary gain or because I'm making money out of it. I'm doing this to hopefully help people find their dream boat and for a decent price, or at the very least to give them some other options to look at and consider. It infuriates the hell out of me having to pay full bore retail prices for anything, especially higher dollar items like boats, homes, cars, etc. If I can save $10k-$20k or more, or help someone else save that amount of money, well then that's a for sure win in my category. Good day.

Last edited:
Reactions: PT G

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Personally, I think in all things one should show respect for another opinion, as that is just what it is. Agreeable or not, the point is that some one took time to share from their experience, limited or not, in an attempt to help another. This is what this forum is all about and should not to be edited or discouraged, again IMHO

PT G

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Personally, I think in all things one should show respect for another opinion, as that is just what it is. Agreeable or not, the point is that some one took time to share from their experience, limited or not, in an attempt to help another. This is what this forum is all about and should not to be edited or discouraged, again IMHO
Seems to me if you are posting/commenting here (this forum) the lane is Grady-White boats. Due to my age and being in suburban New York the street vernacular and interpretation may be different but a "lane" would be like a train of thought or subject idea. Anyway maybe I just have time since it is Winter "almost" and my main effort is to just stay warm. Any information we get here is then up to us as individuals to interpret and embrace or delete as we see fit. But we should encourage, not discourage participation.

Reactions: Halfhitch

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Closing is today. You be sure to let us know the second that they update the ad.
Oh I've already been wide awake all night in anticipation of whatever happens to it...

Also, just curious as to where you see the part about it closing today. I don't see anything on the old Facebook ad, nor anything on the Boat Trader ad to suggest what you're saying. Boat Trader, Boats.com and even the NuWave Marine website all show the boat as still available for sale.

Last edited:

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Wow… all I can say is wow… we need to get back to spring boating weather already, too much time for keyboards I guess.

to chime in my worthless 2cents:

4-5 weeks in the winter for an expensive boat is not a long time at all to be listed. Thinking that a boat should sell in 2 weeks is not a realistic expectation especially in the winter. Not that many buyers drop $50k on a toy, and there’s not that many commercial fisherman either.

I have found boat trader is no longer a widely used platform for selling boats. Same with Craigslist to some degree. I can’t stand Facebook but I check boats in marketplace periodically. Not everyone that posts on Facebook also posts on boat trader or Craigslist anymore.

This forum used to be more fun, although it still has some entertainment value I guess!

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Wow… all I can say is wow… we need to get back to spring boating weather already, too much time for keyboards I guess.

to chime in my worthless 2cents:

4-5 weeks in the winter for an expensive boat is not a long time at all to be listed. Thinking that a boat should sell in 2 weeks is not a realistic expectation especially in the winter. Not that many buyers drop $50k on a toy, and there’s not that many commercial fisherman either.

I have found boat trader is no longer a widely used platform for selling boats. Same with Craigslist to some degree. I can’t stand Facebook but I check boats in marketplace periodically. Not everyone that posts on Facebook also posts on boat trader or Craigslist anymore.

This forum used to be more fun, although it still has some entertainment value I guess!
Where would you say is the biggest platform for selling boats then? I think the "Big 3" imo would be Boat Trader, Boats.com and Yacht World. Another would probably be iBoats or something similar. I can't stand Facebook because of all the flakes and scams on there, so I don't really use it. Especially since you have to look by each individual area, which only expands out to like 100 miles. I like using something such as BT so that you can see what's available throughout the entire country and compare pricing very quickly and easily that way. Boats in my area are all completely overpriced and I have no desire to see what's for sale locally as I'm not going to spend that amount of money on a boat when I can buy it for half the price or less on the east coast. Same goes for Craigslist a lot of the time, or Offer Up, in that there are a ton of scams or flakes on those sites/apps. One of the reasons why I personally prefer going through a dealer as opposed to a private party in this particular situation. Which is one of the things that I like about Yacht World in that I believe you have to be a dealer to make a listing on there.

Johnyrude200

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Mustang, 232 grady is just a troll and karen, with the intellect of a prepubescent school girl. Dont waste your time on him/her.

I think you can see were all on your side. Happy NY!

Reactions: Mustang65fbk