232 Gulfstream: Would like to make an offer, but first would like to hear thoughts

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Awesome! Did you have any luck fishing? I went over the weekend, got two silvers within about 20 minutes on Saturday, got a single pink on Sunday and then went out fishing with my uncle yesterday morning where we limited out with a silver and 3 pinks. Lost a couple of silvers at the boat and probably threw back 10-12 pinks because towards the end we were trying to catch silvers only.
Sure did! The pinks are so thick at humpy hollow you could walk across them.

We kept the bleeders, and threw back the healthy ones. The boat doesn't have downriggers on it yet, never been fished before. Bayside is installing them this week, will help with the silvers. Hard to get a deep-6 down past those pinks.

Were you out in a Seafarer?

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Sure did! The pinks are so thick at humpy hollow you could walk across them.

We kept the bleeders, and threw back the healthy ones. The boat doesn't have downriggers on it yet, never been fished before. Bayside is installing them this week, will help with the silvers. Hard to get a deep-6 down past those pinks.

Were you out in a Seafarer?
Indeed. We went out fishing on Monday morning and we were getting multiple double hits and it was almost chaotic, though obviously a fun bit of chaos. My parents and I have a beach cabin on the western part of Whidbey Island, so I'll fish from my mooring buoy down to the green buoy near the Possession Bar and just troll back and forth there. I prefer the Scotty downriggers and I also have Burnewiin downrigger mounts on my boat as opposed to the cheap black plastic Scotty mounts, as I think the Burnewiin mounts look so much nicer. And yes, I've got the 2004 GW 228 Seafarer mentioned in my signature below, of which I'll have to keep an eye out for you if I see you fishing. Do you ever fish Possession or do you stay over by Shipwreck? Here's a couple pictures of fishing over the last week or two.

IMG_3206.jpegResized_20230729_065328(0).jpegIMG_3045.jpegIMG_3033.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Indeed. We went out fishing on Monday morning and we were getting multiple double hits and it was almost chaotic, though obviously a fun bit of chaos. My parents and I have a beach cabin on the western part of Whidbey Island, so I'll fish from my mooring buoy down to the green buoy near the Possession Bar and just troll back and forth there. I prefer the Scotty downriggers and I also have Burnewiin downrigger mounts on my boat as opposed to the cheap black plastic Scotty mounts, as I think the Burnewiin mounts look so much nicer. And yes, I've got the 2004 GW 228 Seafarer mentioned in my signature below, of which I'll have to keep an eye out for you if I see you fishing. Do you ever fish Possession or do you stay over by Shipwreck? Here's a couple pictures of fishing over the last week or two.

View attachment 31251View attachment 31252View attachment 31253View attachment 31254
Nice! Yeah sounds like fun chaos indeed! Keeping the freezer full!

I've fished Possession in the past, not yet with this boat. Is there a name on your boat?

I'll be changing the name on this one. A friend suggested "Ain't-A-Biden". I like it, considering it, but might not be funny 5 years down the line. Will add/update sig once I settle on something.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Nice! Yeah sounds like fun chaos indeed! Keeping the freezer full!

I've fished Possession in the past, not yet with this boat. Is there a name on your boat?

I'll be changing the name on this one. A friend suggested "Ain't-A-Biden". I like it, considering it, but might not be funny 5 years down the line. Will add/update sig once I settle on something.
No name on the boat yet... still thinking about what I want to name her.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Went out yesterday morning and caught a jumbo 16-17 lb silver off the bat in the first 20 minutes. Ended up being 34” long.

IMG_3263.jpegIMG_3251.jpegIMG_3255.jpeg

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Went out yesterday morning and caught a jumbo 16-17 lb silver off the bat in the first 20 minutes. Ended up being 34” long.

View attachment 31300View attachment 31301View attachment 31302
NICE. Beautiful day yesterday!

Didn't get to hit the bar, had some kids on the boat, their first time fishing so took them to humpy hollow for pinks. Much simpler lol.

Not yet sure about today, might and up on the bar. I'm thinking tomorrow for sure.

Tell ya one thing, I'm loving this boat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mustang65fbk