232 Gulfstream

Nemesis

Reaction score
This is just a how come question. Why do most of the G-W's have transom mounted engines whereas the Gulfstream seems to always have bracket mounted engines?

Thanks

yankeecause

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think it is to maximize cockpit room (56 sq/ft) and to give the boat the handling of a 25'. Does that sound right? I love mine. Joe.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
some current models are available with brackets and i believe several older models offered them also. the entire engineering of the 232 is different from most other 23's as it is a "huge" boat for it's listed size. ron

Workdog

Reaction score
Mine has transom mounted engines. Used it in the Chesapeake Bay until I retired from active duty AF. Now fish it in Lake Erie. I love it for trolling because I can fish over the motors easily. I troll four dipsy divers a side for Walleyes, and set out lines and bring in fish up the chute.

232 GULF

Reaction score
Hey Bill, just wondering how you like the 350 on the 232. I'm considering buying a newer one with the F350 or repowering my 2000 with the new 300hp V6.

townvet

Reaction score
I had a 2008 232 with the F350. It was awesome. That engine was phenomenal and quiet. Really pushed the boat up and out of the water in a hurry. I would guess that we got up and on plane out of the hole in 5-6 seconds. Top speed we hit was about 49 MPH but I always had a full tank. The boat was a bit difficult to handle in tight confines but that was a factor of the wide beam and the single screw not the 350 horses running wild.

Nemesis

Reaction score
232 Gulf, Townvet gave you the best response because I purchased in December other than doing a short sea trial all I could do is watch as they covered it up and put it away for the winter.........it going to be a long winter :cry:

232 GULF

Reaction score
Thx for the info guys.....every winter seems longer than the last :roll: Congrats on the purchase