232 props

pwake7

Reaction score
I have the stainless steel props on my 232 gulfstream that comes with the boat. Its an 07' twin 150 yamahas. Im not sure the diameter off hand. What would be the best props for this boat to get best fuel consumption and best speed. Actually now that i said that im not sure if you can get both, but probably one or the other. All suggestions would be great.

grady23

Reaction score
A 4 blade prop with the same pitch will give you better hole shot but cost you a couple of mph at top end. It will however improve you fuel consumption at cruising speed. Stick with SS prop for the best performance.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
pwake7 said:
I have the stainless steel props on my 232 gulfstream that comes with the boat. Its an 07' twin 150 yamahas. Im not sure the diameter off hand. What would be the best props for this boat to get best fuel consumption and best speed. Actually now that i said that im not sure if you can get both, but probably one or the other. All suggestions would be great.
The diameter and pitch will be stamped on the props. As to the best fuel consumption and speed I would go the performance charts on the GW web site and on Yamaha's website for your particular boat and engine combination. It would be my guess that the factory probably propped the boat with about the best combination of both. Trying to perfect your prop choice can drive you crazy if you're too particular. If your real world experience is way off, like the boat won't plane or you can get near recommended RPM, then start trying different props. But if your performance is close to the performance charts, I wouldn't start messing around with tweaking prop selction for perfection.