235 extra wires in hardtop for what?

CMS1

Reaction score
Popped open the led light in the back of the hardtop to look around. We are installing the antenna and have to run the wires through the hard top. Found a few wires not connected to anything looked like speaker wires and some other black and blue pair. How can I find out what’s been prewired for? Thought I had most options so seeing additional speaker wires means there should have been speakers or that I can install them aftermarket? Wondering what else is prewired in this boat. Any advice?

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Sounds like someone ran extra wires in case more speakers may have been wanted? I know I will have at least 2 extra pull wires, for future items...when I install my top. It is easier to run those, and pull the new wires through, than to try to snake them through later.

Test both ends to see if they are truly speaker wires and you know where both ends are, and you will solve your mystery.

Russ

Reactions: CMS1

Fishtales

Reaction score
I believe the only thing stock are the wires for the spreader lights and dome light itself. People run wires for the radio (if installed there - power, and NEMA). I ran an extra set just within hardtop box (not down thru the pipe) for an external speaker for the radio. Could be extra speaker wires as stated or for just about anything else someone wanted to mount up there. You could chase them down into the area where the support goes and then follow from there. You can stub off and forget about it.