24' Edgewater "Crossover"

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Edgewater has a new boat design called a 245CX - they are billing it as a cross over, but basically its a dual console. It has a very similar layout to our Tournament 225, but instead of a 2' swim bracket, it has a euro transom that occupies a similar area. It has a sink station behind the helm (I would rather have the open floor space like the Grady has, but i could see some families enjoying the sink.) It also has an anchor pulpit which I wish the 225 had. It is shown with a fixed arch style sun top which I would hate, but again others may love it. Notably, it can take a Yamaha 350. The Yamaha 250 makes our boat go pretty zippy, and they appear to weigh about the same, so it must really move....

Has anybody seen this boat at the shows, and does anyone know what they cost? I have to guess they are not inexpensive...

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Yes, I saw it at the Boston show and was not impressed. The layout had a lot of issues as did the quality. It was clear to me that this boat was their first attempt at a DC. In my opinion fit, finish and layout was not up to the level of a GW or Pursuit but was priced along with both. I cannot remember the exact price tag but I think it fell between the 225 and the 275 closer to the 275.

Bottom line I was on and off the boat in less than five minutes.

DBV

Reaction score
I saw it at our local boat show and my wife and I really liked it. Thought it was a great looking boat. I thought the quality was as good or better than the Grady 225.

Retail price was about 102k and show price was around 80k. Still a lot for a boat that is 24 ft.

striped bass

Reaction score
Picture from the Boston in the Water Boat Show.

IMG_1446.jpg

If pic does not transmit, go to For Sale/Wanted forum and click on How To Post a Picture. The Edgewater picture is the last post at the bottom of the posts.

striped bass

Reaction score
Comments:
I saw the Edgeewater 245 Crossover at the Fall Boston show and the February New England Show. It was not as beefy as the GW 225 Tournament. The companionway to the bow was norrower and the components were of lighter construction. A nice boat but at $88K (Boston Boat Show Price) I thought it a little over priced. The F350 somewhat overweighted the stern.

Z4J

Reaction score
Retail price was about 102k and show price was around 80k. Still a lot for a boat that is 24 ft.

I wonder if that amount of discounting is available on a new Grady?

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback all...

Since it apparently weighs about the same as the Tournament 225 (which is a little more than two feet shorter) I guess you would have to expect the build not to be as beefy.

Tashmoo - - we will have to check where Edgewater put their scuppers relative to the waterline!

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tashmoo said:
Yes, I saw it at the Boston show and was not impressed. The layout had a lot of issues as did the quality. It was clear to me that this boat was their first attempt at a DC. In my opinion fit, finish and layout was not up to the level of a GW or Pursuit but was priced along with both. I cannot remember the exact price tag but I think it fell between the 225 and the 275 closer to the 275.

Bottom line I was on and off the boat in less than five minutes.

I am SHOCKED that you thought the quality lacked on an Edgewater. Edgewater builds a very high quality boat, in some ways better built or atleast as well as a grady from a design and build stand point, but it is possible that they did a poor job preping this boat for that show. I agree the layout is not up to par with other comparable models though, it is never easy to enter a new market, but often your first attemtp will make or break you, I have a feel they might have a tough time with this style boat and that layout since most seme to favor the one's already in the market place over this newcomer.

I've fished a lot of edgewater's and never once thought the quality or finish was poor. I regularly fish a 31 CC that a friend owns and that boat rides better then many its same size, and my friends has a lot of customized accessories and a custom leaning post with cooler, Edgewater put the time and effort into doing everything my friend wanted and he was more then happy.

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Gradyfish22, your comment made me stop and think about my comments and what I did not like about the boat. I even went to the web site to review the boat again. After thinking about it, my negative impression stems from the layout of the boat and the, to my taste, goofy looking top. I also have historically not liked the lines of the Edgewater products (just a personal taste thing) so I think that tainted my opinion as well.

So in summary my comments about quality were unfair, my comments about layout stand, I did not like it. Price wise I think the F350 is pushing the price to the high side for the size and features of the boat. I would guess that a 250 hp engine would knock the price down by about $10,000 bringing the package show price into the seventies. This would be more in line with a value for the size of the boat the question would then be is that enough power for this boat. Also, get rid of the top and frame and go with a bimini, that would knock the priced down another few grand.