25 foot Grady White

fortkingauto

Reaction score
I just purchased a 25 ft Trophy pro 1985 and need to know how many people it will carry? and does anyone care to share information about this boat.

lastresort

Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase. I to have a 1990 Trophy Pro and love it. The boat will comfortably hold 4-5 people. The cabin obviously will not sleep but 1 if you are lucky. Unfortunately, it does not have the sleeping space the sailfish has. My recommendation to you would be to check all of the thru hulls for crack and also check for any "soft" spots on the deck. If you have any questions this is the place to ask them. This is an awesome place with a ton of knowledge and help.
Cheers.

Attachments

• last resort.jpg
    last resort.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 3,594

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
The question is vague. My 22 footer Coast Guard plate says the limit is either 2,300 pounds or 8 persons. I could be off on the weight end of things here, but the person thing is accurate. How many people do or can you comfortably fish is another question all together. I suspect the capacity of the boat is about 8 adults. Fishing capacity is somewhat less depending on the kind of fishing you intend to do. When we troll I will take up to 6 total people as some will sit on the bean bag on the bow while trolling and we essentially take turns while the fish is on. I like fishing with about 4 or 5 though. Congrats on the boat. Enjoy her.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a '91 Sailfish, basically the same hull but a little different layout. For fishing 4-5 is comfortable (troll) or 6 if someone goes up front when you drift. For just cruising, up to 8 is doable. If it's an I/O those numbers may be tight.

What else do you want to know?

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
All right! Congratulations on getting your Grady! My '87 254 Sailfish says up to 10 people on the placard. I normally fish with 3-5 people on the boat. You can take more if you are joy riding. Are you powered by outboard(s) or inboard outboard(s)? The Sailfish can sleep 3 in the cabin. Welcome to the site! 8)
Ken

lastresort

Reaction score
@ Reel Quick,
There is a deck Plate under that particular fish box (if it is the same lay out as the 1990 model). That is probably one of the toughest ones to get to. A lot of foam gets in the way and you need to be able to reach far down (it is a very tight fit and will do a number to your arms if you are lucky to be able to reach it). If you feel comfortable with it, you may just want to cut another access hole to that particular thru hull. Good Luck.

Reel Quick

Reaction score
Thank You for the come back, I think I know the one you are talking about,it`s about shin height.
Would you happen to know what the size of the fitting is?
The boat is about an hour and a half away and would like to have everything with me, as stores for parts are far and few between.
I could kick myself,as I replaced the wood like bulkheads around the cabin door, re coared the tank lids,replaced the fuel tanks,and all lines over the winter. I had to cut an access hole to get to the fuel fill lines.
I wanted to be in for spring striper this year which was productive.