255 freedom with 500 hp ( advise please )

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Karter34 said:
Just got the boat delivered and it has 450 hp 2x225 etec
Max speed is 55mph and it runs solid as a rock . Would have thought quicker though has wrong props on . Has 19" and requires at least 21"
Will test later . It has great hole shot and fantastic mid range pull. I added power assist steering so very easy to drive .
I don't know how to post pictures but it looks great.
I would not be happy with any less power .

You should be able to get over to visit the kiwi's pretty quick...I just read this whole post for the first time...money dosnt always buy brains...yes you have proven to us all you have the funds and the attitude to go and do this...first thing was to follow the break in period...did you dump the throttle right away to see how fast it would go? ....second...it has been said but you dont seem to care...that much hp and not being familar with the hull and ride..is a recipe for diasaster..I have been supprised on my boat a few times...lots can go worng quick, 7 people is alot of weight, add engines, fuel, doing 55mph, any sea..I dont even like to think about that...listen to the people on this forum there imput is valuable...much more then a bet or a "i told you so" ...my .2 cents

Karter34

Reaction score
Hi guys

So I have had the boat for a little white now and I am finding the boat fantastic . With the two 225's it has just enough grunt for me but the ride is brilliant . So happy with the quality and space on this dual console .i added power assist steering which really makes it very easy to manoeuvre .
I need to add some more stuff loke bimini and radar arch , will open up the wells with hatches for more storage .
but as you guys know the bow through the chop and wave are quite remarkable .
I have everyone telling me who steers her tell me that it's the perfect combination of engine and boat .
The handling is exceptional and matched with the power plants you don't go without.
I think the boat look great though the misses thinks its an ugly ducking . I guess cause its not a sports boat . Anyway Anyway if anyone wants to buy one they can look at mine in Sydney please drop me an email .
Nicholas@fincar.com.au
Also for note the engines cost me less than 2x150 yamahas so the money spent for performance was actually less than std .

kamjd84

Reaction score
I sold Grady-White boats for one of the biggest dealers in the country and I'm pretty sure that a surveyor cannot re-rate the maximum power on a boat. You should contact the GW customer service people and ask them, because you may wreck your boat. I also don't know of any reputable marine dealers that would re-power a boat above it's rating without the manufacturer signing off first.

Fishtales

Reaction score
He listened, and he made his decision. I say good luck.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Curiousity is getting the better of me though...I'd love to see pics....

Karter34

Reaction score
I don't know how to post photos please adviise , I am on ipad

billyttpd

Reaction score
if you want a "go-fast" boat buy a 'go-fast" boat like a Baja or a Fountain or something like that....That's a lot of weight hanging on the stern.

65aircooled

Reaction score
Karter34 said:
I don't know how to post photos please adviise , I am on ipad

I too am dying to see pictures and/or a video of this boat going 55 mph, 4 pages of tug of wars and not a single picture. Not fair :wink:

Open up a photobucket or Dropbox accounts, copy the direct image link and paste it directly on the post.
So easy a caveman can do it :)