257 electronics box

Davpet60

Reaction score
I love my 2005 257, but don't like the electronics inside of a box. Any recommendations on how I can flush mount them, and still make it look good?

If you done this, can you add a picture?

tks :hmm

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Never done it, but my first thought goes to using the existing plexi door and mount the units in it. If the units have the right dimensions, and you place them just so, you'd still be able to store items behind them and open/close the door. Next I would ponder replacing the door with a piece of starboard, but depending on the hinge setup, that might also entail replacing the hinges or working/routing the starboard to have the existing hinges fit.

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I mounted my 741 in the acrylic door. It still hinges so I have access to the box as well. It is a touch screen so I wanted it more accessable.
The prior unit was mounted inside and was covered but I always had the cover up.
I like this setup better.

imagejpg2_zps8f55eeae.jpg
[/url]

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I removed the plexiglass door on my 225 (it kept flopping down) and replaced it with a piece of Starboard. While I lost the storage aspect (not a big deal since I still have the glovebox), it is much cleaner this way and the electronics are easier to read.

17136405167_12986b966e_c.jpg