263 Chase Fuel Tank Replacement

knotflyn2day

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Hello,

First post. I have a 2001 263 Chase. It's time to replace the fuel tank. Currently having RDS aluminum build a new tank. It will come painted and ready to go. Wondering if there are any other owners who have completed this process, what you would have done differently, and any suggestions to make the complete job better than when it was new. I appreciate the advice.

Reactions: weatherbymag

Jesseknepp

Reaction score
Model
Chase
How much was it to have the tank built?

tomerskine

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Hi wondering if you did this project, and how much RDS tank cost. Any 'cutting' required or was deck panel removal enough?

Reel Tease

Reaction score
Model
Chase
I just pulled my tank on a 96 Chase, I had to cut a panel off behind the tank to remove the tank. Not sure if the newer versions need it. However the wood in this are was in really bad shape and will have to be repaired anyways.

Attachments

• IMG_4090.jpg
    IMG_4090.jpg
    926.9 KB · Views: 13

Grat White

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Hello,

First post. I have a 2001 263 Chase. It's time to replace the fuel tank. Currently having RDS aluminum build a new tank. It will come painted and ready to go. Wondering if there are any other owners who have completed this process, what you would have done differently, and any suggestions to make the complete job better than when it was new. I appreciate the advice.
I filled my tank with water and completely cut out an 8" section in the center. I then was able to remove the tank, 1/2 at a time. I replaced it with a slightly smaller poly tank. Now if ever I need to clean my tank, I can remove it with ease!