265 battery shelf

SeaVee

Reaction score
Is there anyway to visually inspect those hoses ? Even with a borescope . I have a 2001 but it only has about 900 hrs on it and it was boatel kept its whole life.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
sure, scope them from the scuppers. Also you could send the scope down the transom below the battery switches.

they used old style rubber sanitation hose with a steel wire coil inside that rusted and swelled. Rubber went dry. I replaced with new style white sanitation hose..no wire...

Gullchaser

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
No, cutting in the shelf only gave access to scupper side. You still need to remove the hatch so that you can get to the deck drain side. For me the starboard side was harder and took 4 hours. The port side I got done in only 3 hours. I have no interest in doing this again to get to 2 hours :). My boat is a 2003 so I have to assume that yours is just as bad. My boat would have sunk!
I just asked about resealing the deck plates On another thread. Why do you say you don’t want to open up again so soon? Was the re-sealing a challenge?
No, the resealing really wasn't to bad, i just made a mess of the job. From advice I got here, I used GE silicone sealant in almond color, not hard. I also read advice here to tape on both sides of the seam for a nice finish. I failed to follow this advice and made a real mess. Going to have to do it though, those hoses scare me.

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
What kind of hose did you replace it with, and where did you buy the hose from?

Looks like you went with something different than Skunk used.

Thanks

Last edited:

SeaVee

Reaction score
Thanks Skunk- just heard my CR 200 Zuk just showed up and SR motor is not far behind. Going to be blowing up the repower thread soon with plenty of questions for you and the 265 brain trust.

Reactions: Saltyone

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Thanks Skunk- just heard my CR 200 Zuk just showed up and SR motor is not far behind. Going to be blowing up the repower thread soon with plenty of questions for you and the 265 brain trust.
Nice. Going to be a handful of us with Zuke 200 powered 265s. I'm just finishing up some minor details on the boat, then weather permitting, going to get it out for the break-in.

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265

Thank

Thanks
I replaced like for like. It has the wire in it so I guess the same problem will happen again in 20 years. I got it off of Amazon. Its the same hose that I replaced all of the sanitary lines with. 1.5" ID