265 Deck Blistering.....Why?

Sea Shift

Reaction score
Hello, I just pulled the boat out for some tlc cleaning and noticed this....
I would guess this is what is referred to as "blistering"? What causes it? Can I keep it from happening? Any information would help. Thank you.

2F9CB32D-7087-4A98-BE7A-B98F32395BC0_zps04zntvpj.jpg

Another Distraction

Reaction score
Did you have a something over the area like a rug or comfortable cushion to stand on while driving? Any non breathable deck covering can cause blisters.

seasick

Reaction score
Another Distraction said:
Did you have a something over the area like a rug or comfortable cushion to stand on while driving? Any non breathable deck covering can cause blisters.

Since the blisters are mainly located near the seam, I suspect that the deck or hatch cover is wet from water leaking/seeping in through the edge. That is fairly common with the molded sections where the bottom edges get porous. You see that in locker and hatch lids all the time. The amount of blisters says that there is probably more water than you would like to find.
Of course, if that section had been painted or re gel coated, the bubbles could be caused by improper application.
If the deck section can easily be removed, I would go that route to see if there is a serious issue. If it can't, a moisture meter test will help determine if there is water in the deck.
Good luck

Fishtales

Reaction score
Never seen that before.... Hope someone can clue us all in.