265 Deck Drain Replacement...

bartoma

Reaction score
Mine are old, and the white bar inside one just broke off (and the others are not far behind)... Are these hard to replace? Accessible with the rear panel removed? I think I looked at this some time ago, and I remember it was daunting, or else I would have changed them then...

Anyone done this?

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Can’t help with your boat but if you want the SS cockpit drains, call Comstock. Their price was surprisingly good, think 2 for 103 or so. Cheaper than buying directly from the manufacturer and dealing with shipping

Get in contact soon as I got lucky they had a shipment coming on and I got the last two. So may need to plan ahead.

Gullchaser

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Hi Bartoma,
I am doing this exact project right now. I accessed the drains by removing the rear deck plate. It is difficult to remove the hose clamps for the drain, but it is doable. I found the replacement drains that Grady now uses at replacementboatparts.com. The part number is MSC9405834 for $52.95 each. They are a stainless grate with a 90 degree base. I haven't installed them yet, but it looks pretty straightforward. Hope this helps.
Mike

Last edited:

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Did my 265 last year. See below. If you are doing them you might want to replace those hoses and that is a job&ahalf.
I seem to remember that the SS one's that others use on other boats required a bigger hole.
I was under the gun on time so I went with what I could find.

You can BARELY access them with the rear hatch off. Painfull...
Screwing the old one's out of the elbow from the top was destructive to them so you are committed once you start

Deck Drain Scupper Surprise

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The SS were a direct replacement for the drains on my 2000 228. You just need to really clean the silicone off good where it sits