265 Express, adding outriggers

tuxedospike

Reaction score
Side-Mount Outriggers

I have a set of Lee Seniors and at 23 ft. they are a handfull... Fishing and open ocean operation is top notch ( you could drag a dead body with the single spreaders and never know it) where they prove difficult is negociating the ICW with it's short clearance bridges. There is a "lay-back" feature but with the weight even that gets tiresom given the number of 22' bridges. Telescoping sections would be the way to go.

jehines3

Reaction score
I'm with spike with the Sr's, the layback is a capital B. I took the riggers off this winter due to a low hanging tree blocking the drive where I keep the boat. I took me about 45 minutes due to the frozen pins. This was a single handed operation but I had rear pilings to lay each rigger down onto as I unbolted them. I need to make stands or something for the rear deck to set them into since my marlin deck and guwhale are way below the stopping point of the laydown. I too pass under a draw bridge with 18' clearance closed. It would save me time if I did not have to wait for the bridge. I will be making some sort of cradle over the winter to lay them back onto. I want somehting that will go into a rod holder, if anyone has done this and wants to share ideas.??. jh