265 express cabin access plexiglass

Rfazilat

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
As I continue to break down and repair items on my new (to me) express, my latest project involves the foldable plexiglass hinged top to access the cabin. I noticed the plexiglass panels separating at the corner (last screw) at the piano hinge strip. Apparently the last screw has cracked the corner of the panel where the screw was over tightened ( or broken from pulling the panel closed while the corner of it got caught by the curved windshield. I would HATE to have to replace the pl Xbox glass for the small crack, but the stress point is at an important location. Anyone else encounter this issue and how did you repair it? Thanks in advance !!

Rfazilat

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
got it! pic coming

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Can it just be glued back into place? The load is spread across the width of the panel. I'd probably epoxy it back together and run it.

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
maybe not epoxy but there are some really good products out there that may do the job. One I highly recommend is "Special T". I use this for many things but mostly to mount my acrylic heads to rubber hook keeper for my offshore lures. I does a super job on plastics.

Reactions: Saltyone

seasick

Reaction score
You can find 'super' like glues made for acrylic to acrylic applications on Amazon. If there is the space, an added thin strip of acrylic along the entire length of the hinge edge could add extra strength. Ideally you would want to add it under the lid if space is available or it could be applied to the top outside side of the lid.

Reactions: SkunkBoat

Rfazilat

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
i will look for acrylic to acrylic type adhesive.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
You could order a new piece from Fin-addict marine in NC. They are the ones who made it probably. I have to order a new one from my 330 express.