265 Express dash upgrade! The way it should have been

Sea Shift

Reaction score
First I have to thank all those here who have given advise on this topic and shared photo's. Now it's my turn. I was tossing around the idea of doing the starboard thing on the dash and that just didn't sit right with the little woman. So we decided to make it look like we thought the grady white 265 should have been from the factory. Granted that when the 265 was built they probably didn't concieve that we would be sticking Dual 12 in displays in them!
We started by sizeing up the space;

Dash1_zps4fb11d12.jpg

one is good but two is better;

Dash2_zpsbcec94ae.jpg

but this is going to cause some MAJOR cutting into the lower end of the dash to make the back parts of the electronics fit. Not really what I was looking for. This was suppose to be "factory" looking. So I contacted Jim at McCarty Marine in Folsom CA. He says no problem he will build it UP. So he did just that. He built up the top section to accomidate the display with plenty of room!

Dash_zps1efe6f65.jpg

So I then took on the wireing myself.....oieee veieee

Dash6_zps5e29b2a4.jpg

But it was all worth it when I fired them up!

Dash8_zps437611f4.jpg

Dash10_zps5de91093.jpg

And the final topper..........custom skinz!!!

Dash5_zps02631ef4.jpg

For anyone looking to modify a dash, I HIGHLY recommend doing it. This beats cranking your damn neck to look in the overhead by a mile!!!!

Now for some Salmon fishing.

Lucky13

Reaction score
Looks fantastic if you dont mind what did the fiberglass work cost? I am thinking about doing the dash over also. That came out really sharp looking

Sea Shift

Reaction score
Just a hair under $2000. That's alot but if your using it like I do, you know it's worth it.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Came out very nice