265 express gauge panel...

bartoma

Reaction score
I am thinking about replacing my old, faded gauge panel (aluminum with carbon fiber look) with something new... Has anyone already had one fabricated do I can just order a copy from the shop?

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Reach out to New Wire Marine down in Charleston SC. They do top notch work. Might already have a template for your dash on file.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Take a look at these links to my projects.
I got new zuke motors so my gauge panel changed. I replaced it with a cubby.
The gauge panel is pretty damn easy to do yourself. Buy a sheet of 3/16" abs plastic with "carbon fiber" look. Trace the old panel and cut with a jig saw. The yamaha gauge holes are round so you can use a hole saw bit.

The switch panel is harder due to rectangle holes. I designed one on the New Wire site and had it made pre-wired.
Got rid of the euro-oval switches.
It was not possible to get 5 contura switches across using their design screen and stay with the existing cutout in the dash
So i added a row of 4 without breakers

https://www.greatgrady.com/threads/265-x-flat-panel-dash.31837/

https://www.greatgrady.com/threads/265-mods.25902/post-196921

265 switch panel.jpg

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I went Skunk's route. Used the old aluminum one as a template for the new panel from 3/16" ABS carbon fiber though I used a router to do mine. Replicated the switch panel in the same fashion using the old one as a template and cutting out the switch holes, the cutouts aren't pretty but they're functional and you can't see the roughness when the switches are installed. New red LED switches and laser engraved Contura V toggles from New Wire. I have a secondary 8-switch panel in the overhead that has supported all of my expansion needs so I was able to keep the stock layout for the switches.

bartoma

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions... Actually, I am adding a couple temp gauges to the existing panel right now... They fit, but barely, and I really didn't do a bang-up job on locating the holes... It'll work for now, but when I have some time, I think I'll ab a new one with the carbon fiber plastic... I am less anxious to fool with the switch panel - just disconnecting and reconnecting the wiring looks like it would be a headache...

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
The existing switch panel is an odd shape. I designed it as a rectangle otherwise you have to do full cu$tom with New Wire.
I think it was worth it to get them to wire all the switches and jumpers.
The old switches were crap when they were new...