265 express questions

Walleye6

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I am currently seeking out a 265 express. From what I’ve found, it looks like the model was produced from 2000-2005 with some changes in 2003.

Could someone tell me what these changes were? I’ve found a few 2000s for sale that I would need to repower. I am a big fan of Evinrude G2s with their idock system that would help me maneuver in a tight canal I live off of In Michigan. Does anyone see any issues with mounting evinrudes on this hull or should I seek out the updated model? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Believe the biggest difference was a change in deadrise to accommodate the weight of the 4-strokes they started mounting in 2003. It seems like the jury is out on whether or not you need to do anything special when replacing 2s with 4s, some raised the scuppers, others didn't and reportedly have no problems. The other big difference that gets mentioned a lot are the seat backs on the port and starboard seats that were added to the later models.

Reactions: Walleye6

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
The hull changed slightly in 2002 to accommodate the f225 engines. The hull lost a degree of deadrise, the scuppers were raised and the 2 stroke oil tanks and fills were eliminated. In 2003 the seat back for the helm bench seats were added, as well as some wood in the cabin. Most boats after 2002 will have f225s as the f250 didn't come out until 2005 which was the last production year of the 265.

Twin 300’s

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I have a 2000 express with twin 300’s and yes when your loaded up with all the gear headed to the cabin the scrubbers do let water in the back just a little bit bit after running a few hours burning a little gas and when I get to the cabin I take all my gear out it sits fine in the water. It would be nice to have backs on the seats like the 2003 model since people almost roll off
the seat if you hammer on the boat out of the hole. Mine came with Yamahas 225 four stokes and I put 300 Suzuki’s on it and the transom is holing up nicely so far and I run hard off shore fishing lots off Vancouver island in big seas with no prob. Good luck hope it all works out for you I love my 265 express.

Walleye6

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Thanks for the reply’s. These are not easy to find! One more question, what is the overall length from pulpit to the back of the outboard? I’m seeing some mixed numbers online. Thanks

Micholetti

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Thanks for the reply’s. These are not easy to find! One more question, what is the overall length from pulpit to the back of the outboard? I’m seeing some mixed numbers online. Thanks
The 2001 brochure downloaded from Grady has 28'5" listed as length including pulpit. I'd add 1'6" for the outboards aft of transom for a total of 29'11" or just round up to 30' even.
Yes they can be a challenge to find, the solid ones tend to sell pretty quick. Overall just a helluva enjoyable boating experience for their mission.

Reactions: Zebulon

Walleye6

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
The 2001 brochure downloaded from Grady has 28'5" listed as length including pulpit. I'd add 1'6" for the outboards aft of transom for a total of 29'11" or just round up to 30' even.
Yes they can be a challenge to find, the solid ones tend to sell pretty quick. Overall just a helluva enjoyable boating experience for their mission.

thank you for the info, the search is on

bartoma

Reaction score
I have a 2001 with 200 HPDIs with 1200 hours... Purr like kittens with regular love and attention...

eppem

Reaction score
My 2003 265 is for sale. Check out the listing in the classifieds or Boat Trader.