265 express sanitation hoses

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Haven't had much luck in searching, but looking to see if any other 265 owners have replaced their holding tank/toilet hoses? Been getting a pretty bad smell coming from the head. I haven't done any treatment to it yet, thats on the list this weekend. I imagine they are probably original and most like permeated. I've seen the threads about macerator replacement, so I'm guessing the hoses will be just as much as a pain.

Thanks

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I have mine torn apart to get to it. Can't get hoses off. No leverage to pull or push or twist. I wanted to pull the Groco macerator out and maybe be able to fix it. Clean out the tank..
I don't want to cut hoses and commit. Hoses actually look great.

I will probably button it back up and continue using a pumpout.

Replacing the Jabsco Twist N Lock pump.

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Yeah, Im hoping I just need to flush out the tank and the hoses aren't the culprit of the smell. Doesn't look like any fun.

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I replaced all the hoses in mine when I did the macerator project. It wasn’t the easiest but it was easier than the deck drain hoses. Do yourself a favor and make the access panel under the starboard side seat larger. it really allows you leverage to pull the hoses off the vents

Reactions: Saltyone

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I replaced all the hoses in mine when I did the macerator project. It wasn’t the easiest but it was easier than the deck drain hoses. Do yourself a favor and make the access panel under the starboard side seat larger. it really allows you leverage to pull the hoses off the vents
Yeah, I actually was going to do my deck drain hoses. I cut out the port side battery tray and to my surprise, the hoses looked fairly new. Weather around here hasn't been the greatest for working on the boat, so buttoned it back up. To many other things I'm wanting to get done, so probably tackle that one next year.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265

I have a big top opening with a tempress hatch, the toilet is out, and the bulkhead behind the toilet is off
I'm thinking maybe I can remove the Groco unit without pulling the tank. I got the vent off just need to get the "out" hose off. Looks like I could remove a bunch of screws (or Nuts?).

Anybody know how that comes off? Is there a gasket that will be destoyed?

If I can't fix it I could at least cleanout the tank and remove the bronze guts and leave an open end hose. Then someday add a Jabsco macerator.

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I have a big top opening with a tempress hatch, the toilet is out, and the bulkhead behind the toilet is off
I'm thinking maybe I can remove the Groco unit without pulling the tank. I got the vent off just need to get the "out" hose off. Looks like I could remove a bunch of screws (or Nuts?).

Anybody know how that comes off? Is there a gasket that will be destoyed?

If I can't fix it I could at least cleanout the tank and remove the bronze guts and leave an open end hose. Then someday add a Jabsco macerator.
i Think that this is possible. That opening is pretty small though. There are a good amount of nuts to remove but according to the diagram it is removable. Not sure on the gasket. Doesn’t look like one on the picture but it seems like there should be one. I just didn’t want to deal with opening that up And all that comes with it!

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
i Think that this is possible. That opening is pretty small though. There are a good amount of nuts to remove but according to the diagram it is removable. Not sure on the gasket. Doesn’t look like one on the picture but it seems like there should be one. I just didn’t want to deal with opening that up And all that comes with it!
Wrong picture. It does appear to have a gasket.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Took it off the top of the tank today was pretty easy. The motor is seized. Floats for level sensors were all broken off and rattling around. I’m just gonna block up that outlet. Put the top back on hook up the vent hose and I’ll just use a pump out station.
IMG_2184.jpeg

IMG_2185.jpeg

Reactions: Diad and Saltyone