265 Express stbd side locker ram...

Boat Hound

Reaction score
Does anybody know what size (part number) the hydraulic assist arm (or whatever you call it) is on the starboard side passenger seat locker is? One of those items I have on list to take care of on the off-season, but boat was wrapped without a door. Looking to wait as long as possible before I try to add one, but would like to get this on order.

Thanks

Enough Already

Reaction score
The lift used in the starboard storage area has a casing (not including ends) measuring 5 1/2 inches. Let me know if you need a photo. You can find them at West Marine, different brand than OEM, but they all seem to have the same ram ends and are of similar quality. The one spec you will need is PSI - and you will want bigger numbers for better holding power. Call GW and check - I think OEM was around 60 PSI. I actually have my ram removed from that compartment because with it on, you cannot fully open the lid. Maybe a longer ram would fix that but that is a project for another day.

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I checked mine today in case you're still looking, below is what was etched on the ram itself:
Ameritool MFG 315\660\2172
GW# 10-675

That first number looks like a phone number and may be your best bet if trying to go OEM.

Brett