265 Express: Table for the Helm Pedestal...

bartoma

Reaction score
Based on a suggestion I read years ago, I finally bought an oval starboard table from Boat Outfitters and fitted it with a pedestal mount...

At anchor or tied up, I can remove the helm chair and conveniently tip it up and over, resting on the steering wheel and dash... I now replace it with the table, turning the cockpit into a nice little lounge area with a convenient place for snacks and drinks... Without the chair in the way, the cockpit really opens up and is a nice place to hang out in the shade...

I'll post some pictures next weekend, but trust me - this is an absolutely great way to expand a 265 Express once you get where you're going...

Bonnie Blue

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Based on a suggestion I read years ago, I finally bought an oval starboard table from Boat Outfitters and fitted it with a pedestal mount...

At anchor or tied up, I can remove the helm chair and conveniently tip it up and over, resting on the steering wheel and dash... I now replace it with the table, turning the cockpit into a nice little lounge area with a convenient place for snacks and drinks... Without the chair in the way, the cockpit really opens up and is a nice place to hang out in the shade...

I'll post some pictures next weekend, but trust me - this is an absolutely great way to expand a 265 Express once you get where you're going...
We would love to see the pics. We might want to do that to our 265.

bartoma

Reaction score
Looks great. What are the specs on the table?

• Durable King Starboard construction designed to hold up in the harsh marine environment
  • Equipped with two 4.25” stainless steel cup holders
  • Retainer lip ensures larger items stay put in rougher seas
  • Measures 26” wide x 20” deep x 3/4" Thick (not including keeper strips)
  • Available with or without table base
  • A functional table designed for enjoying your time on the water
  • Table bottom is pre-drilled to accommodate most table bases on the market

slipshod

Reaction score
Model
Express 265

• Durable King Starboard construction designed to hold up in the harsh marine environment
  • Equipped with two 4.25” stainless steel cup holders
  • Retainer lip ensures larger items stay put in rougher seas
  • Measures 26” wide x 20” deep x 3/4" Thick (not including keeper strips)
  • Available with or without table base
  • A functional table designed for enjoying your time on the water
  • Table bottom is pre-drilled to accommodate most table bases on the market
What base did you use for it? Link?

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330

Any swivel mount that fits the seat tube (2 7/8")
Thanks! I've wondered about the mount part, as I want to build a table for my helm area on my 330, and have a great piece of mahogany picked out and set aside. Now, to design the shape.

themikehyde

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.themikehyde.com
I do that with my 330. The Pompano helm is very comfortable, but a beast to manhandle over the dash. It does make for a nice sitting area, especially with cockpit heat/air.

bartoma

Reaction score
LOL - I view it as a necessity on a 265 since the space is so limited... If I had a 330, I don't know what I'd do with all the additional room...

That's my dream boat - a mid-berth, genset, and AC would be a big step up... :)

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Hmmm.... got me thinking ....epoxy over a NOAA 12300 chart, cupholders, a cup in the middle for the poker pot, and some kind of ss clips to hold the hands of cards....

Reactions: bartoma

nodima

Reaction score
Hmmm.... got me thinking ....epoxy over a NOAA 12300 chart, cupholders, a cup in the middle for the poker pot, and some kind of ss clips to hold the hands of cards....
Sounds great, but then the grain of the mahogany would be lost from view...maybe a pair of tables, to alternate depending on mood?

Bonnie Blue

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Very nice! Thanks for the pics. We are definitely going to do something like that on our 265. It really looks nice.

Bayhouse

Reaction score
We picked up a round piece of wood from THD about the same size, sealed it, cut cup holder holes, added cup holders and added a pedestal mount - the pedestal mount was probably the most expensive part.

Reactions: bartoma