265 Express Toilet/Head Choice

captain swag

Reaction score
I have probably the only 265 that came out of Grady sans an installed toilet. Grady told me that the unit that they installed back in the day for my year model was the 290 compact unit made by Jabsco. Since we really never overnite nor use the shower, could the larger standard Jabsco manual unt be used. The dimensions are about 3/4" overall wider and about 3 inches longer from front to back. The front edge of the bowl/seat appears to be plumb with the raised floor edge in photos of the compact unit installed in 265's. If it protruded out an inch or two is doesn't appear that anything would be hurt other than a little space when standing to shower. Width is my concern. Since the boat is about 150 miles away, it's something that I can't just run outside and check..LOL..can anyone/265 owners chime in with thought and or dimensions?? I sure would appreciate it. Also any thoughts on the manual Jabsco units? Don't want to spend a cow and a calf, just want the peace of mind knowing that there is an alternative to 5 gal bucket or ass over the side at 4am, 30 miles off the beach when heading offshore (and the coffee kicks in) Thanks to all in advance. Ray

eppem

Reaction score
My thoughts would be to go with the factory installed specs - there is a reason that GW used that size for sure. I'm six feet and about 230, its pretty tight in the head - remember, its still only a 26 foot boat. Zero complaints about the Jabsco head, the fact that its a manual pump I think is even better - one less thing to break, less parts and it for sure doesn't clog or get hung up like some of the vac pumps can - good luck!

dale1

Reaction score
Capt. Sorry for the slow reply. Just got back for a 4 day fishing trip. 2 days travel. 2 days fishing. I took some pics of my toilet. Not sure if it's factory or not. It looks new. Had four people on the boat so the head got a lot of use.
If got more. I just can't figure out how to do a pm on this blank blank phone.

captain swag

Reaction score
No problem and thank you. I sent my email to the email you provided me earlier. Send the pics there.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Have you thought about just a simple porta-potti? For minimal use, which it sounds like you are doing, a porta-potti is MORE than sufficient. Plus, a whole lot easier to install and a whole lot less expensive. Maintenance is easier, too.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
the head compartment is already tight. I would stick in the size installed or recommended by grady. I have the jabsco electric conversion on mine. Had to replace the unit once, which wasn't a bad job.

captain swag

Reaction score
From the looks of things, what everyone can agree on is to go back with what Grady spec'ed and then go on a diet and hope my big a@# gets smaller. Again thanks for all the responses and help. Ray