265 exspress windshield washer reroute

southernstyle995

Reaction score
So as many of you know the windshield wiper is kinda pointless on the 265 so I'm wanting to plumb the washer part up so it will spray fresh water onto the front curtain so I can leave it up in cold weather. Has anyone done this if so how did u do it?

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Not sure about what your pain point is here, but I installed an Marineco remote washer kit and it works great with the wipers. I put in the Yellow color windshield washer fluid which is winter proof and does not leave any stains on the deck like the blue stuff.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I am thinking of the same thing. I don't think the washer pump is sufficient, and the wiper arm won't be distributing the spray in a pattern. I will be looking for a spray bar, and a strong pump.
Be careful what you spray on your enclosure, many normal cleaners can discolor .

seasick

Reaction score
So as many of you know the windshield wiper is kinda pointless on the 265 so I'm wanting to plumb the washer part up so it will spray fresh water onto the front curtain so I can leave it up in cold weather. Has anyone done this if so how did u do it?
If I understand what you are saying, you want to spray fresh water on the clear vinyl. Is that correct? If so, I assume your issue is rinsing off the salt spray from the vinyl. I might suggest adding a fresh water washdown fitting and hose if you don't have one and using that to rinse the plastic. If your need is to rinse the vinyl while underway than you will need something a little more sophisticated other than going on the deck with the washdown hose.

southernstyle995

Reaction score
If I understand what you are saying, you want to spray fresh water on the clear vinyl. Is that correct? If so, I assume your issue is rinsing off the salt spray from the vinyl. I might suggest adding a fresh water washdown fitting and hose if you don't have one and using that to rinse the plastic. If your need is to rinse the vinyl while underway than you will need something a little more sophisticated other than going on the deck with the washdown hose.
Yes that is what I'm trying to do but I was just gona use the existing line that goes on the windshield wiper, it's hooked into the fresh water tank and I was gona run it up to the curtain a put some kind of spray nozzle on it facing curtain.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I've been daydreaming that one for 3 years. thought is to reroute the wash from the control valve up to the electronics box and out to the underside of the hardtop. Figure out some kind of manifold to spread out the spray. Hopefully, you do it first and tell me how...:p

Just fresh water washing the salt off

Reactions: southernstyle995

southernstyle995

Reaction score
I've been daydreaming that one for 3 years. thought is to reroute the wash from the control valve up to the electronics box and out to the underside of the hardtop. Figure out some kind of manifold to spread out the spray. Hopefully, you do it first and tell me how...:p

Just fresh water washing the salt off
Well it's my next project so I'll be working on that hopefully I can figure it out

seasick

Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting idea. Keep us posted

southernstyle995

Reaction score
Making some progress got a stainless steel spray nozzle for a boom sprayer from my dad an tested it out and looks like one will do the job. I rough plumbed it up an the pump puts plenty of pressure. Still gota do a couple test to see how far away from middle front curtain it needs to go to get a wide enough fan to cover it. I ended up taking apart the old windshield washer valve and replaced the small hose barb on the outlet to a 3/8". I got some clear vinyl tubing and ran it from valve into dash and then through aluminum pipe up to electronics box. Still havnt completely decided how I'm gona run it yet but thinking about drilling hole in the top center of electronics box just below hard top and mounting spray nozzle.

Reactions: SkunkBoat