265 outrigger question

bac0701

Reaction score
Im a newb to outriggers. (first season season offshore). I'm trying to setup what came with the boat. I have the junior side mount with 18ft poles. They came with no tops so ill be ordering those tomorrow. one I'm able to break down the other is seized and I've been trying for days to get apart. Either way ill be using what i have. they have two rollers side by side on the bottom. were these rigged for two or three rods? I've got three gunnel mount rod holders and two on my fold down transom. So I'm guessing he was trolling 8 and flat lining the two on the center. any tips on rigging.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Had a bit of a time getting mine all loosened up also....WD40 and a breaker bar in the handle for some leverage...like butter now...
Be careful not to lose the fancy screws and spacers on the eyelets of the poles.

You have 3 flush rodholders in each gunnel..thats good... but what angles? Is the forward most angled straight out the side and the middle one about 45deg out?
The tips of the rods should not line up or they will cross on a hookup.

The "Long rigger" clip gets the most fwd rod. Send it out first.
The short rigger clip gets middle rod. send it out after long rigger is out.
(actually, you could do it with middle rod long and fwd rod short...)

Important. The short rigger line MUST go UNDER the long rigger line. Otherwise, the long rigger line will catch the short line when you hookup.

The corners go straight back or flat line clipped low.

bac0701

Reaction score
ill have to take a look at the deg of the rod holders tomorrow. I'm running out a quick trip for fluke in the am out of squad... i managed to get one of the outriggers apart. still trying to free up the other so i can at least take it down in half