268 islander raw water washdown not working

cobrapowersys

Reaction score
My 268 islander has a problem with the raw water washdown. Have any ideas

freddy063

Reaction score
need more information, can you hear the pump running, voltage at the pump,valve open,inlet clear?????

Finest Kind

Reaction score
If it's a '95, it's about time to replace.

Just did mine for the 4th time in 20 years....you are doing good if yours lasted 10 years.

cobrapowersys

Reaction score
do you know what kind of pump is a good one to buy, and can you post a link of a supplier.

Finest Kind

Reaction score
cobrapowersys said:
do you know what kind of pump is a good one to buy, and can you post a link of a supplier.

First, troule-shoot the problem you now have as Freddy mentioned above.

If you determine that the pump is indeed shot, remove it and bring it to your local West Marine or your favorite marine supply store. They will have either a Jabsco or Shurflo of a similar type. Get the highest pressure model they have....your gonna want to be able to easily blast all that Tuna blood off your deck. :)

I've used both makes over the years and lean towards the Jabsco, mainly because they have easy to use quick disconnect fittings for the hoses, and supply a new trigger hose handle and filter strainer in the box with the new pump.

beatnick

Reaction score
wash down pump

I have a shurflo pump (blaster) on my Islander.Plenty of pressure.Usually the problem is the switch on the pump. You can replace this switch yourself. If the pump is not working , open up the switch and jump it out.If the pump then works replace switch.If the pump doesn't work you probably need new pump. If you need new pump check prices on line. West Marine will match any price except e-bay.

beatnick

Reaction score
You can also pry the lid off closest to the bench seat.It is under there.You will have to go under the bench seat to fully remove it.you will end up with a soar chest, but it's cheaper than having someone else do it. It helps to have a second pair of hands.