26express2000 with twin 200hpdi

Southerndraw

Reaction score
Really like the looks of the boat and hear great things. Anyone have any feedback on performance and accomodations as a family fish ing boat. New to forum

chub2000

Reaction score
ive never owned a 265, but i did own a 200hpdi and it was an awesome motor ! hopefully that will help you a little bit.

good luck

tilewave

Reaction score
you will not be disappointed with this boat...designed for fishing, it is still a multi-functional boat...and its a tank !

eppem

Reaction score
Tim "fishfinatic" while buzz you. He runs the same rig with the HPDIs. I have an 03 with F225s and love it. There is a loyal following of 265 owners on the site, all here to help with any questions - enjoy!

bass55

Reaction score
I have a 2000 265 with 200 HPDIs.
Best economy for me is 4000 rpm, 1.65 mpg, 32 mph with a medium load.
Top speed at 5600 is 44 mph.
I would be happy to answer any questions you have about the boat.

Southerndraw

Reaction score
Really appreciate the run readings and feedback. Think I will pull the trigger if she surveys. Photos I received from the seller showed a windlass mounted directly on top of the anchor locker. The lid to the locker was screwed down but it does not appear to be he correct way to mount a windlass. Have any feedback?

bass55

Reaction score
Windlass was a factory option. That is how mine is mounted and it works fine.

duconce

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The windlass is supposed to be mounted on the back of the pulpit. The reason they screwed down the cover and mounted behind pulpit is there is a stainless lifting rod that goes from the lifting eyelet to a forward cleat and they probably didn't want to take that out. The rod is in the way of the windless feeding rode properly. I called GW and they said take the rod out. You cannot lift from that cleat anymore is all.

bass55

Reaction score
I think I misunderstood your question. Mine is mounted at the back of the pulpit. It is over the rope locker but certainly not on top of the access hatch for the extra anchor/rope locker. I just replaced it with a new unit last weekend.

Southerndraw

Reaction score
Thank you. I knew something did not look correct with the mount on top of the locker. Sounds like a weekend worth of retooling and a good fiberglass tech to repair the holes in the anchor locker. Anyone know which deck fill goes to the main fuel tank? Forward or aft. The labels are faded out. There are two fuel fills stud side deck. Thanks

Southerndraw

Reaction score
Anyone dealt with mold in the bilge? Survey came back indicating significant mold in the bilge. It's a boat and there is always going to be moisture in the bilge. Any Ideas here? Hate to have the kids exposed etc.....

georgemjr

Reaction score
Little bit of bleach and water with a dab of dishsoap in a spray bottle. The dishsoap helps the water to "adhere" to teh vertical surfaces while the bleach does its job. When done, rinse the bilge and throw a dab of nice smelling bilge cleaner in there. Good as new...

Desperado

Reaction score
If it is not structural, I would just have it cleaned out and keep an eye on it. I would use it as a bargaining tool, not a deal breaker. If the previous owner let it sit for a little while with water there is a chance for mold. Also, what is "significant"? Any pictures?

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
chlorox cleanup should solve the problem.

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
I have this exact boat love it!

I usually run her between 3800-4200 RPM and that puts cruise at 28 to 32 mph - depending on load. Pretty typical for 1.5 to 1.6 mpg.

There are some access panels in the cockpit that can be removed to gain access to clean out the mold. The marine stores sell a spray that supposidly will stop it from coming back.

I cleaned under one of the hatches a few years ago, and actually just removed the hatch over the fuel tanks to clean in there this spring!

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions!

Tim

eppem

Reaction score
Our used 265 sat for almost two years when we bought her used...soap, water, elbow grease = savings. Boat was filthy, I dont recall mold/mildew in the bilge but under the hartop and up under the gunnels. Regular Spray 9 worked great..(no need to spend extra on "marine")...

mronzo

Reaction score
I have owned a 2000 265 with t-200 OXs since 2004.
This is a great boat! You won't be disappointed!

jellyfish

Reaction score
Southerndraw said:
Anyone dealt with mold in the bilge? Survey came back indicating significant mold in the bilge. It's a boat and there is always going to be moisture in the bilge. Any Ideas here? Hate to have the kids exposed etc.....
why is it there? I would ask a lot of questions.

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
jellyfish said:
why is it there? I would ask a lot of questions.

Because it is a boat, moisture builds up due to changes in temps, it is dark and not ventilated.

I have never seen fuzzy mold, more of blackish dirt that is easy to wipe off -