27 Islander Garboard Plugs

Hound III

Reaction score
Model
Islander
My boat is new to me. I am putting it back in the water next week. I found three garboard plugs in the helm seat cubby. I know there is one hull drain at the bottom of the aft end of the hull. I didn't find any other ones in the manual, but I am not sure my manual is complete. Can anyone tell me if there are multiple places for garboard plugs in the hull or otherwise? Thanks

Hound III

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Sounds like you just have some extras.

Did you physically look at the boat? It's pretty easy to tell where the holes are in a boat ;)
I did look around to the extent I could. It is obscured by vegetation at a friend's house. I wasn't clear about what I was asking. I was trying to ask if there were possibly garboard plugs in the hull or bilge that are interior to the hull in addition to any exterior ones?

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have a 268 Islander. The 270 is the same.

There is one garboard plug (never knew what it was called). It's at the transom of the boat. I keep mine on a 1/2" PVC cap attached to my boat keys when it's not installed the boat. The others are probably spares.

There are several plugs inside the boat. Livewell, drink box and fish box that snap in.

Last edited:

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I did look around to the extent I could. It is obscured by vegetation at a friend's house. I wasn't clear about what I was asking. I was trying to ask if there were possibly garboard plugs in the hull or bilge that are interior to the hull in addition to any exterior ones?
Oh, OK. I have never seen that style of plug used anywhere other than the transom. There would be no reason to use that style internally (NOT underwater).

Reactions: Hound III