272 fish box lids

Wild blue

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
After reading about the fish box lid issues on the 272 sailfish I decided to make my own replacements, couldn’t find Starboard that matched so I went with black to avoid visible staining. This cost me $250 for board, bolts etc and 4 hours of time. The seem like they are going to work great!
Time will tell. Hope someone will find this useful

Attachments

• IMG_7012.jpeg
    IMG_7012.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 33

Pfu

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Look great. What does the inside look like? I need to do something with mine and the winter got the best of me.

Pfu

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Had to order elsewhere as both my wife and I liked the looks of the black but with young kids we were worried about them sitting and possible burning their butts. Went with seafoam to match other hatches and doors. Will be here next Saturday and then the fun begins. Hope I can do nearly as well as you. Any tips?

Wild blue

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Had to order elsewhere as both my wife and I liked the looks of the black but with young kids we were worried about them sitting and possible burning their butts. Went with seafoam to match other hatches and doors. Will be here next Saturday and then the fun begins. Hope I can do nearly as well as you. Any tips?
Make a template for the router, no exceptions, I used 1/4” scrap I had lying around, if I had to do it over again I would have done the router work before I cut the shape out, a little extra surface for the router would have been nice! Good luck. Can’t wait to see it

Pfu

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Make a template for the router, no exceptions, I used 1/4” scrap I had lying around, if I had to do it over again I would have done the router work before I cut the shape out, a little extra surface for the router would have been nice! Good luck. Can’t wait to see it
I head to the OBX on Friday with family so not going to get much done for another two weeks. My second hobby outside of boating and fishing is woodworking do have the tools. boat goes in for the season on the first Saturday in May. Pressure on!

Reactions: Wild blue

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Very nice. I would have gone with Seafoam (personal choice) but none the less they look great!

Reactions: Wild blue