272 Sailfish Aux Fuel tank

Palmolotte

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have a ‘96 272 sailfish and need to replace the sending unit on the aux fuel tank (50gal). Wondering if anyone knows the depth of that tank? Going with WEMA and would like to order one before heading down to the boat. Thanks in advance

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I don't know, but I would suggest measuring it in person, rather than trusting one of us knuckleheads to do the math for you :) Besides, with a boat approaching 3 decades old and who knows how many previous owners, it's possible a tank has been changed from original.
Question... when you accessed the sending unit to test it, why didn't you measure it then? :)

Edit: grammar

Last edited:

Palmolotte

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I don't know, but I would suggest measuring it in person, rather than trusting one of us knuckleheads to do the math for you :) Besides, with a boat approaching 3 decades old and who knows how many previous owners, it's possible a tank has been changed from original.
Question... when you asked the sending unit to test it, why didn't you measure it then? :)
Question... when you asked the sending unit to test it, why didn't you measure it then? :)
Haven’t tested or removed the existing unit so that’s why I haven’t measured. Boat is 3 hrs away and wanted to order one to bring with me next time down. Figured there was someone with the same boat that had already replaced it

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Sure, it's possibile someone did - but you have to take into account those two things I mentioned which nullifies the answers. Heck, you could contact Grady and they may be able to get original specs - but again, that's original - which may be different than current. Which is why I'm saying the most RELIABLE method is to measure yourself.

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Haven’t tested or removed the existing unit so that’s why I haven’t measured. Boat is 3 hrs away and wanted to order one to bring with me next time down. Figured there was someone with the same boat that had already replaced it
Have you tried Grady White's customer service? They are usually very helpful

Palmolotte

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I sent them a message last week, no reply. I’ll try calling tomorrow.

Boosted1

Reaction score
This is straight from Grady for my 99 sailfish.

The fuel sender for the 150 main is made by WEMA USA (PH# 954-463-1075) and their item # is SSL316-17.5 153047 (17 1/2" length). The AUX sender is item # SSL316-16 153044 (16" sender).

seasick

Reaction score
FYI, WEMA was bought by KUS. Same product, just a different name

Palmolotte

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
This is straight from Grady for my 99 sailfish.

The fuel sender for the 150 main is made by WEMA USA (PH# 954-463-1075) and their item # is SSL316-17.5 153047 (17 1/2" length). The AUX sender is item # SSL316-16 153044 (16" sender).
Thanks so much. Is your aux tank 50 gal?

Boosted1

Reaction score
Mine is 150 gallon main with a 52 gallon aux.

wires38

Reaction score
I have a ‘96 272 sailfish and need to replace the sending unit on the aux fuel tank (50gal). Wondering if anyone knows the depth of that tank? Going with WEMA and would like to order one before heading down to the boat. Thanks in advance
Call Grady White they will email you a sketch.

Peterb21

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You get get them on amazon with free returns. I bought three different sizes and then after i pulled the sending unit i just matched up the right one. Return the others unopened