272 Sailfish Remote Oil Tank Hold Town Tray/Bracket

GradyChris

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hi Everyone,
When my mechanic went to install the little filters that go between the remote oil tanks and the outboards he told me that the brackets are totally rusted out and need to be replaced.
I'd like to supply him with a plastic solution to avoid rusting in the future and probably ends up being a less $ solution..he talked about a battery box tray type thing that is meant for this purpose.
Does anyone have a lead on the best solution for this? I'm not finding the part easily through searches but I may not be searching on the right thing.

Twin 225 Yamaha OX66 behind a '98 Sailfish 272. We had to remove the fish box to gain access to the oil tanks.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I replaced my Yamaha hold-down bracket setup with a $10 battery tray with strap. Nothing special or out of the ordinary - just a plain-Jane, off the shelf battery tray.

GradyChris

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I replaced my Yamaha hold-down bracket setup with a $10 battery tray with strap. Nothing special or out of the ordinary - just a plain-Jane, off the shelf battery tray.
And that fit? Group 27 size plastic battery tray with strap (x 2)

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If it didn't fit, it wouldn't have worked and I wouldn't be using it, right? :) Don't recall what size, off hand. Might have been a 29/31. Measure to be sure. Not rocket science, though - it's just a plastic box. Weighs less than a battery, too.

seasick

Reaction score
Here is a link to a company that makes a stainless replacement. Note that is the past, there have been some negative posts about the seller. That was years ago and I have no later info on the vendor. I did notice that the bracket is a lot less expensive than it was back when. They take Paypal and that adds some protection.

http://www.artecindustries.com/Marine_Brackets