275 Freedom Performance etc

Dhirsh

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
Looking at a 275 Freedom with a single 350. Anyone that can share some performance data would be greatly appreciated. Cruise and WOT speed and fuel burn especially. I currently have a 336 with twin 350's so I completely understand the motors. Thanks in advance.

wadeatl

Reaction score
Looking at a 275 Freedom with a single 350. Anyone that can share some performance data would be greatly appreciated. Cruise and WOT speed and fuel burn especially. I currently have a 336 with twin 350's so I completely understand the motors. Thanks in advance.
I strongly recommend you searching this message forum and others on the reliability or lack there of with F350's.

I had a single 350 and had to repower. I chose to add twin Evinrude G2 200HO's and I get the same economy but superior performance. Hated when my 350 blew but am happy every time I run offshore with my G2's.

Dhirsh

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
I strongly recommend you searching this message forum and others on the reliability or lack there of with F350's.

I had a single 350 and had to repower. I chose to add twin Evinrude G2 200HO's and I get the same economy but superior performance. Hated when my 350 blew but am happy every time I run offshore with my G2's.
I'm factoring the Value of the F350 into my decision. I have two now and I'm fully up to speed about their reliability and reputation. To me the F350 has been a great motor and there are very few engines that can push my 336 like these do. I'm fully aware and comfortable with the fact that I could have to replace it in a month, a year or 10 years. I'm more interested in how that particular boat performs with a single large HP motor. Looking at the 275 because it fits the type of boating I do 90% of the time better than my 336 and cost me significantly less in storage, fuel and insurance. I agree that a twin re-power would probably make the most sense long term.