275 Tournament w/Yamaha F350

Tashmoo

Reaction score
I have a 275 Tournament on order (my first GW) with a single Yamaha F350, the deal is pending successful sea trail in December. Has anyone out there had the opportunity to drive this boat with the F350? Did it have enough kahunas with a full tank, bodies and gear, what were your impressions of the boat/engine combination? I would be interested to hear feedback on the T-150’s as well.

gregsteph

Reaction score
Tashmoo -- I've been lurking to see if you get any responses. I've got the 275 with twin 150's and am very pleased. Haven't seen one or know of anyone who's tried it with the single F350, so I can't give you any direct input. For what the comparison is worth, the 150's push the boat well --- my experience is pretty much dead on the performance specs at GW's website. So, the 350 performance specs are probably pretty close to expectations. There are certainly faster boats and faster performance packages out there -- and this boat has the overall characteristics that we needed. The 275 is a great boat, and I would repeat the purchase again! Good luck with all. Take care.

Tashmoo

Reaction score
gregsteph,

Thanks for the reply and the input, I was seriously on the fence between twin 150's and the single 350 and hope that I am not making a mistake by going to the unknown. I prefer the single for more HP, less weight, less drag, less work, less expense up front and annually. Good to know the performance specs are accurate, thanks again.

Love the DC design, had a Pursuit DC for 12 years, fish it very hard and play on it a lot. The design allows for everything we need it to do and my wife buys into the boating because the boat works for her as well. It would be tough to justify a 100K +/- if she was not on board with the decision.

jpshaugh

Reaction score
I too have a new 275 with twin 150s. It performs well, right on the published specs.

I was worried that the boat might be underpowered but haven't felt it yet.

There are obvious trade offs between the 150s and the 350 but I don't think any of us could go wrong either way.

My only regret is buying the boat so late in the season. Spring seems a long way away!!