28' Marlin Outrigger Suggestions

Offshore24NJ

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 92' 28' Marlin and I was looking at putting some outriggers on it. I looked at Lee but couldn't seem to find the proper Length. I definitely want them side mounted and NOT on the hard top, also if possible in black cause my enclosure & bottom are black. Any suggestions anyone?

georgemjr

Reaction score
No suggestion other than the Lee. I have the Lee Junior wishbone on my Sailfish. Personally I like the hard top mounted better, for the few times I use them. The side mount are in the way (not terribly) each time you walk forward which is a lot more often than I use them...

Offshore24NJ

Reaction score
georgemjr said:
No suggestion other than the Lee. I have the Lee Junior wishbone on my Sailfish. Personally I like the hard top mounted better, for the few times I use them. The side mount are in the way (not terribly) each time you walk forward which is a lot more often than I use them...

What length would you recommend?

georgemjr

Reaction score
I believe mine must be longer than that, but have never measured them, and they came on the boat. When I take them down for the winter lay up, they reach from the stern (inside of the cockpit) all the way up to the bow. I would say more than 20 feet. I am not a serious fisherman, but do not know how much wider you would need to get the lines, or why.