28 Sailfish Seating

wgroup

Reaction score
I have been thinking about trying to modify passenger side seating on the Sailfish. More of a bench style where maybe 2 people can sit. ANy body every seen or heard of this modification.

bc282

Reaction score
i'd be interested in this too.

i have the 2 captain's chair arrangement and find that the space between the two chairs' arm rests is a bit tight (have to go thru side ways and usually catch my jacket on a arm rest) also constant rubbing on the arm rest due to tight space in passing has cause the arm rest to look terribly worn.

A side bench arrangement would allow for an additional body to sit up front and eliminate the tight space between the 2 chairs.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Later years Sailfish had a bench seat option. I don't know if this was better or worse room wise or how comfortable it is for the 3rd person. If it's a good set-up I might try to make one for my boat.

wgroup

Reaction score
I was thinking about some type of box structure that could have a flip-style back rest that could move either direction either trolling or cruising. I have the same problems with the arm rests.

bc282

Reaction score
wgroup said:
I was thinking about some type of box structure that could have a flip-style back rest that could move either direction either trolling or cruising. I have the same problems with the arm rests.

Hmmm, GW must have been using a hot sexy bikini model in her underwear when they mocked up the seat configuration :p

I like the concept of what you are describing with the flip back rest, got any pics of such thing on another boat?

ahill

Reaction score
A friend just bought a 2001 282 with the passenger bench seat option and wants to convert back to a pedestal Maybe you could work out a trade.

bc282

Reaction score
ahill said:
A friend just bought a 2001 282 with the passenger bench seat option and wants to convert back to a pedestal Maybe you could work out a trade.

hmm, very possible. i'm going to check the boat and my new boat shelter in a few weeks. i'll survey how easily the seat swap could be. i'll keep in touch.