282 Cockpit cover..

Capnjim7

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Anyone have a rear cockpit cover on a walk around? My wife and I are fabricating one and want to see how others are attaching theirs to the stern. There seems to be a wide range of possibilities from just a drape coming off the rear window curtain slides (which we are utilizing) to the transom. This blows pretty hard in the wind however. Then there are the types that fold down and attach to the port and SB gunnels. Any pics would be great. Thanks

amf282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
we have a track underneath the back of the roof. Another set of zippers on helm curtains separate from rear curtains and snaps all around. Custom made and is great in wind.

Attachments

• Lady K on lift.jpg
    Lady K on lift.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
  • bald head 1.jpg
    bald head 1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
Reactions: Capnjim7

Capnjim7

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
we have a track underneath the back of the roof. Another set of zippers on helm curtains separate from rear curtains and snaps all around. Custom made and is great in wind.
Thanks for taking the time to send pics...we are in AB just up the beach a little ways. This is exactly what I needed. We were debating a sheet style cover vs. the snap style down each gunnels. I think I will copy your style but just use sand bags. We bottom fish a lot and snaps are death to bottom rigs. I love how the two pics morphed into brand new set of Suzukis...gorgeous.

amf282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks for taking the time to send pics...we are in AB just up the beach a little ways. This is exactly what I needed. We were debating a sheet style cover vs. the snap style down each gunnels. I think I will copy your style but just use sand bags. We bottom fish a lot and snaps are death to bottom rigs. I love how the two pics morphed into brand new set of Suzukis...gorgeous.
yea....magical how that happens....those zukes are awesome! Fuel burn is a little better than our old Yammie 250s, but she is definitely faster both at cruise and WOT.

Capnjim7

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
yea....magical how that happens....those zukes are awesome! Fuel burn is a little better than our old Yammie 250s, but she is definitely faster both at cruise and WOT.
And probably lighter than the old 250s...

wlrogers0

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
@Capnjim7 who did you get to do your canvas work in the AB/MHC are for your cockpit cover? I'm in MHC and want to do the same thing

Capnjim7

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Fortunately I am married to a great seamstress who owns and operates a Sailright sewing machine. We ended up going with a full length shade cover that is open on the sides. It attaches by sliding into the rear track for the curtains and buckling at 3 points on the bottom. You are welcome to see it anytime if you are DIY inclined...or any of the local canvas shops can recreate for you.

Fishtales

Reaction score

I like the way you did it. The track is a smart idea and gives you the perfect hold.