282 Draft

JRuss282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hi, so I am have two different draft numbers for the 282 2002 sailfish. My question is what is the draft of HULL? what is the draft with the 200 hpdi hanging off the back? Anyone?

Oh and another things and yes I am "stupid" did i just learn today after all these years that what my depth finder tells me is not correct? Due I need to calculate in draft also to the number?

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Unless it has been corrected with an offset in your MFD, your depth finder provides the distance between your transducer and the bottom. Transducer depth may or may not be equal to the draft of your boat. Probably close enough though.

Sauza45

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 271
I set my mfd with the offset to the bottom of the engines not the boat, that way I know if the engines are about to run aground. I have an 1.5 foot offset so if I want to know the actual depth I just add 1.5 foot to the mfd reading.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I believe the number GW quotes is without engines. Not sure about water, waste, fuel and other factors. Best to measure. I set my alarm for 4 feet with the Marlin. Was a guess but seems to be ok.

Family Tradition

Reaction score
My Marlin will float in water just below my knee, need another 6-8 inches for motor power trimmed up. Roughly 24-30 inches.

Reactions: Smoothsailing

JRuss282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I'm going to try and measure the motors down, I am looking for the boat number which I have but also want the motor down number, I need to check my Garmin to see how that is set up

Sailfish

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about finding your draft to the nearest inch. Remember when you load up with four fishing buddins, ice, bait , tackle, and a full tank of fuel you will be a few inches lower than when it is just you running on empty to the gas dock.