282 outriggers

dder2970

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
So I have just sold my 20 foot adventure and am looking at a 282 sailfish. Looks to be in good shape with the exhaust kits all done, long story short it’s got lee jr wishbones but no riggers just the mounts. I found a sent of 19 footers with a single spreader. The spreaders not only look cool but would help to pull dredges. So my real question is. Would 19 footers first off be able to fit with a spreader and second would there be enough support on the jr wishbones to support it. Thanks

SeaVee

Reaction score
I am in the same boat (no pun intended). I have a 265 Express and found some 19 footers off a Carolina Classic 25. Thought it would be plug and play. Was looking forward to a bigger spread compared the stock 15’s. Two issues : the stays ( wires) for the spreaders hits the hardtop when the are not deployed. Looks like I need some way to get a different stand off on the hard top to hold those things tight when running without the stays continually hitting the hardtop. Also, it looks like I will need to put backing plates on the Jr’s, the 19 footers are putting more stress on the bases than the stock 15’s. I’m trying to source a better standoff right now, going to call Lee’s to see what they think. Not sure if the 19’s use the same bases as the 15’s.

dder2970

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I am in the same boat (no pun intended). I have a 265 Express and found some 19 footers off a Carolina Classic 25. Thought it would be plug and play. Was looking forward to a bigger spread compared the stock 15’s. Two issues : the stays ( wires) for the spreaders hits the hardtop when the are not deployed. Looks like I need some way to get a different stand off on the hard top to hold those things tight when running without the stays continually hitting the hardtop. Also, it looks like I will need to put backing plates on the Jr’s, the 19 footers are putting more stress on the bases than the stock 15’s. I’m trying to source a better standoff right now, going to call Lee’s to see what they think. Not sure if the 19’s use the same bases as the 15’s.
Hey man. If you come across anything let me know and if. I do I can give u a message thanks

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Lee makes 18' poles without the spreader wires. I had these on my previous 265, they are plug in play and will slide right in. Maybe a good compromise. I cannot imagine trying to get around the spreader wires going up to the bow.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Mine are 18'. No wires. Lee Jrs. They lock up in place really well and easily. Double rigged. Unless you're pulling something heavy no need for spreader wires.
Easier to get around to go forward.

Polapea

Reaction score
Our 282 had 18‘s, no wires,. We double rigged and never had an issue.

Current Marlin has t-top mounted carbon fibers that are 21 I think.

Stephnic

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have 19.5 foot on my 268 with no wire and doubled rigged. I pull two wide tracker bars on both poles with no issues.