Sailfish
what size is this valve from my cooler 282 sailfish

Attachments

• 1542075354480.png
    1542075354480.png
    576.3 KB · Views: 35

Fishtales

Reaction score
I don't recall that valve. Where is it specifically located?

ndelloiacono

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
This is on the starboard side where the cooler empties into the water. i was told it is either a 1" or a 1.5" shut off valve.. the pic is taken from the aft bed where the cover was taken off.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Interesting... I'm guessing that was added. I don't remember it at all. I thought they just used rubber stoppers. I may be wrong though...

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Look on the hose - you might see the size written on it.

Just out of curiosity, why would someone go through the trouble of installing that when they could easily plug the drain from inside the cooler?

What does the previous owner say about it?

Oh... try taking pics of other sides of the valve - may be some info on it. You may be able to figure it out by measuring the OD with a caliper as black rubber hose, like that, often has the same wall thickness... it doesn't appear to be reinforced hose - just standard stuff. Or back the hose off a bit and measure the barb. Or heck, just remove the whole thing.

Last edited:

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have an 04 Sailfish and there is nothing like that on my boat. Must be an add on. Why is it there is a good question

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I believe that type of valve has replaceable seals. If it is leaking excessively you can probably get a kit for it.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Look on the hose - you might see the size written on it.

Just out of curiosity, why would someone go through the trouble of installing that when they could easily plug the drain from inside the cooler?

What does the previous owner say about it?

Oh... try taking pics of other sides of the valve - may be some info on it. You may be able to figure it out by measuring the OD with a caliper as black rubber hose, like that, often has the same wall thickness... it doesn't appear to be reinforced hose - just standard stuff. Or back the hose off a bit and measure the barb. Or heck, just remove the whole thing.

The only thing I can think of is that during operation the water was somehow getting pulled into the tank and either filling it to overflow condition or just enough to ruin the ice that was put in there?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The only thing I can think of is that during operation the water was somehow getting pulled into the tank and either filling it to overflow condition or just enough to ruin the ice that was put in there?
That's about all I could come up with, too. Yet... it would still have been a HECK of lot easier to just plug the hole from inside the cooler.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer