282 sailfish custom gunnel tackle draw/box?

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I've done an extensive search with no lock on this so hoping the experts hear can help out. I have a 2001new to me 282sailfish. The only gripe I have with it is that there doesn't seem to be enough tackle storage/drawers, at least for me. I was thinking of having a custom tackle box built in the port funnel area. Had anyone done this before, pics? Also I'm keeping the fridge in place and microwave is optional

Fishtales

Reaction score
Re: 282 sailfish custom funnel tackle draw/box?

Not sure what the funnel area is. I found the Cabela's bags to work for me. https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas ... s?slotId=0
I went with 2 super magnum bags and I have storage for 5 or so more under the bait prep station. I store under the mid berth when not in use.

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Re: 282 sailfish custom funnel tackle draw/box?

Typo gunnel port side

Fishtales

Reaction score
sorry, wasn't thinking.... I have not seen anything like that, but I bet it could work. It is so tough to get exactly what you want with boats, seems like all are a compromise....
One idea would be a vertical mount that would swing down to expose the plano tackle box shelves. I don't think there is enough depth in the gunnel area to have them stack horizontally. There is wood under the gunnel that you can tie into and the toe rail or deck would work too. A good cabinet guy could do it out of starboard I'm guessing.