282 Sailfish FS

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
A friend who lives just a few blocks from me, told me today that he is selling his 2002 Sailfish, which I believe has 2005 F250 engines, and the boat is on a trailer. He's moving up to a larger Grady White, and has priced it somewhere around the mid-60. I don't know if he has photos to upload yet, but if anyone here is interested, I will get his contact info for you. I know the boat is on the trailer in a nearby storage facility.

I've got no involvement in the boat or the sale, other than letting the GG forum members know about it first.

faubs

Reaction score
A friend who lives just a few blocks from me, told me today that he is selling his 2002 Sailfish, which I believe has 2005 F250 engines, and the boat is on a trailer. He's moving up to a larger Grady White, and has priced it somewhere around the mid-60. I don't know if he has photos to upload yet, but if anyone here is interested, I will get his contact info for you. I know the boat is on the trailer in a nearby storage facility.

I've got no involvement in the boat or the sale, other than letting the GG forum members know about it first.
What’s the location?

SeaVee

Reaction score
Hey Bill - hope you guys are doing well! Getting ready to sell that awesome Jeep you sold me.
Wish I would have known you were selling your Sailfish- someone got a great boat! Was thinking of moving up from my 265, but then my daughter decided to get married!
Happy Holidays! Greg

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hey Bill - hope you guys are doing well! Getting ready to sell that awesome Jeep you sold me.
Wish I would have known you were selling your Sailfish- someone got a great boat! Was thinking of moving up from my 265, but then my daughter decided to get married!
Happy Holidays! Greg
Oh my gosh Greg, It's good to hear from you. And the awesome Jeep... wow, I thought you sold it a couple years ago. Interestingly, we are taking the RV to Florida in Feb, and I don't have a vehicle to tow with us, so I had actually been looking for something, just for the probably one last trip we'll be making there. So many times I wish I had it, even for those 3 or 4 day RV weekend tripe we did last 2 summers.
So you still have it! Have you listed it anywhere yet? Still running ok?

And your daughters must be so grown up by now. How long has it been, when they were learning to drive in the Jeep? I think you bought the Jeep about 6 years ago? You have to send us a photo of them. When is the wedding?

Greg, I wish I had known you would have been interested in my Sailfish. But if you are still interested, my new neighbor down the street, has the same boat, make model and year, of the one I had, except it has newer 250's that have had the exhaust mid-sections done, AFAIK, and it looks clean. I only saw it one time, and he winterized and had it stored. The guy that bought mine, never did a sea trial or had it inspected or surveyed, and although it was on a triple axle aluminum trailer that looked like new, he bought the boat, I put her in at my neighborhood ramp, and he drove he on the water, to Portland Main, in 2 days! He texted me pictures along the way, including of the Empire State building, World Trade Monument, Statue of Liberty, and more, as he made his way to Maine. Engines never missed a beat!

Take care Greg, and once again, so good to hear from you.

All the best,
Bill
(302) 228-9286

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Happy Holidays! Greg
Greg,
I just had a call from my friend who has the 282 Sailfish (BTW, the engines are not 2005 F250's, they are 2007 F250's!)... I mentioned to him that you had a 265, and I think he would like to ask you some things (pro's and cons), if you would call him. I don't think I still have your cell number, but Jeff's number is 610-763-2807, if you have a few minutes.

p.s. Did I tell you I'd like to know a little bit about the Jeep; anything it might be in need of, how it looks, and sure, why not, what's the price? :)

All the best,
Bill