282 Sailfish windshield wipers

Bokat

Reaction score
Hi ya'll, I've been away from the forum for a while but I just bought a 2006 282 Sailfish and have a question about wiper blades. The boat is missing both wiper arms and blades along with the windshield washer attachment. Do any of you have a source for those parts other than a Grady dealer? I have the part numbers from Grady but I was hoping I could find the parts locally - auto parts store etc. Thanks in advance for any help.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bo - welcome back. Did you sell the other one or are you a two boat owner?

NAPA sells the blades...the part numbers are 60XX70. XX is the length of the blade. On my 225 they are 16". You may want longer ones for the bigger windshield on the Sailfish. They are about $10 or so.

If you can't find the arms, I'd reach out to Boo at Vero Marine. He is as reasonable as anyone on factory GW parts and he can get them dropped shipped directly from GW to you.

Bokat

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I am a two boat owner right now. I'm going to keep the 23 for a while until I'm sure the 28 is not going to be too much boat. I don't know why the previous owner doesn't have the windshield wipers. Kathy and I took a trip to the Abacos in the 23 this past summer and I used my wipers several times. Maybe he only went out on perfect days. I will probably order them from Vero if I can't find anyone who knows an automotive equivalent. I am going to drive down to the Houston, TX area to pick it up this weekend. Hopefully I'll see you on the lake soon.

Bokat

Reaction score
I couldn't find any wipers locally so I ordered some from Grady. The wipers I received looked nothing like any auto wipers I have ever seen so I guess ordering them from Grady was really the only option on this boat. My boat has a windshield washer feature but only on the stbd side. Wipers are different for the port and stbd side but Grady sent me two stbd side wipers. I'll have to return the wrong one and reorder. Also, the washer fitting is different so I have to change out the wiper hose fitting that protrudes through the fiberglass. To do that I have to access the back side of the fitting by removing the wiper motor. I haven't figured that out yet. Looks like another call to Grady. Just wanted to update the post in case anyone else has the same issue.

Ridge Runner

Reaction score
Where did you get the wiper hose fitting from? I need to replace mine.

Ridge Runner

Reaction score
Not the blades; he mentioned replacing the "wiper hose fitting that protrudes through the fiberglass". That is what I need.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My hos to the wiper blade was missing when I bought my 2004 Sailfish. The nozzle at the window that the wiper hose connects to shoots a perfect spray of wiper wash over the window. Have you tried the wiper spray without the hose?