282 Starboard downrigger wiring??

Captain TJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Has anyone strung a wire from the aft midship area with the batteries to the starboard gunnel on a 282? I haven't looked hard but upon brief inspection I'm not seeing any logical way to get the wire from the outer gunnel across the outside section and back into the middle section. Starboard is easily accessible but I'm drawing a blank on starboard side. I will probably get in there and do some searching again tomorrow.

I'm going to add a bus bar / fuse panel combo unit to wire the downriggers from and tie it in from the switched side of the battery switch. Then I will have a safe spot to draw power from for any future electrical accessories. Wiring from the outside in seems to be the easiest way to feed the wires through and this should provide a nice clean application. Easy fuse access as well and it will satisfy my OCD tendencies.

So to wrap up this initial post if you have any experience with running wires from the starboard gunnel through the hidden abyss to the middle of the boat that would be great to know.

Thanks in advance.