283 Release Helm seat replacement?

Billv

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Has anyone replaced the helm bench seat on a 283 or similar model with Lebroc or similar bucket seat? Mine is beginning to wear out and I am sure recovering would be $1000 so I as considering an upgrade to a twin bucket seat. any thoughts?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Can be done. A couple of things to consider.
When the companion seat is installed the molded side wall is eliminated and a piece of flat starboard is mounted. When you take the companion seat out, it looks quite plain and lousy if you ask me. Will need to either live with it or see if you can get a new side panel from GW or ?.
There are 4 mounting holes for the companion seat. These need to be filled and area under the seat generally cleaned up. Access for the pedestal mount is good, so you can just drill and install. Prob need to address a foot rest as well.

I decided after reviewing to reupholster my companion seat. I took it apart, new foam and cover sewed. Installed all back together. Came out nice, not as nice as a professional job but all who see it give me the thumbs up. Can be done for a few hundred dollars of material.

Billv

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Can be done. A couple of things to consider.
When the companion seat is installed the molded side wall is eliminated and a piece of flat starboard is mounted. When you take the companion seat out, it looks quite plain and lousy if you ask me. Will need to either live with it or see if you can get a new side panel from GW or ?.
There are 4 mounting holes for the companion seat. These need to be filled and area under the seat generally cleaned up. Access for the pedestal mount is good, so you can just drill and install. Prob need to address a foot rest as well.

I decided after reviewing to reupholster my companion seat. I took it apart, new foam and cover sewed. Installed all back together. Came out nice, not as nice as a professional job but all who see it give me the thumbs up. Can be done for a few hundred dollars of material.
I would like to see a picture of what you did if you wouldn’t mind thanks