283 Release T Top height

Jdmac

Reaction score
Model
Release
I'm looking to purchase a trailer so I can put my 2005 283 Release in my garage. Just wondering if anybody would know the maximum height of the T Top when boat is on a trailer?!
I would appreciate any input you might have !

Fishtales

Reaction score
Not an expert by any stretch... FWIW. The boat bridge clearance is 8'5" with a hardtop per the brochure. Not sure how this is measured though. I'm guessing that is the height from the waterline to the t-top without any added equipment. You'll have to pick a trailer and then add the trailer height as well as estimate how much boat is left between the waterline and where it rests on the trailer.

Jdmac

Reaction score
Model
Release
I was hoping someone with a 283 on a trailer might respond . I realize there are variables with trailer mfgs load height.

Jdmac

Reaction score
Model
Release
Anybody with 283 on a trailer that can measure from ground to top of the T Top ?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
What's the height of your garage opening?

T-top or hardtop?

What is your distance from waterline (roughly the cockpit floor) to the highest thing (anything mounted to the top that you wouldn't be taking down)?

Jdmac

Reaction score
Model
Release
Door opening is a little over 10 ft.
I can remove outriggers and lights

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
OK, not going to make it. Even with a bunk trailer, it's not going to work. If you take what Fish gave you - 8'5"... and knowing the boat's chine will sit above the wheel fender... and knowing the tire, itself is about 30" tall... plus the fender - maybe another 4"... plus at least another 4" from the chine to the waterline... you're at close to 12'.

Jdmac

Reaction score
Model
Release
You are only using the radius of the tire for height.
I can't believe that somebody doesn't chime in with one of these on a trailer.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
No, I'm using the diameter. In other words, the chine of the boat is roughly 34" or so off the ground. Just think about it logically... you've got roughly 8-1/2' from the chine to the top of the hardtop (or t-top... whatever you have). That means you've got less than 2' to spare. Do you really think from the chine of the boat to the ground is going to be less than that? Math is math :)

Last edited:

grady_22

Reaction score
My buddy has one. With a closed array radome on a tandem axle roller trailer you are looking about 13'.