290 Chesapeake

izzy

Reaction score
The wife said i should sell my 1994 24' Explorer and purchase a 29' 2009 Chesapeake (loaded)( :jaw ) with twin 300 v8 yamahas. Looking for any comments pro or con on this boat and motors........everything is appreciated cuase i love my 24 and want to be sure i'm making the right choice.

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If my wife told me that I would be on the way to the GW dealer pronto! And the 300s are V6, the 350s are V8.

izzy

Reaction score
Great fun guys, first i do know the 2009 300 yams are v. 8 I even counted them check it out.I am going with it but just want to be sure neither has any "bugs" I should be looking for

TIERNEY ROSE

Reaction score
I HAVE AN 09 CHESAPEAKE, I AM IN MY THIR D SEASON WITH IT AND HAVE HAD NO REAL PROBLEMS FULLY LOADED, AC, GEN, BOW THRUSTER, TV, DVD TWIN 250'S, I LOVE IT!!! ANY SPECIFIC ISSUE YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT LET ME KNOW!! GOOD LUCK

izzy

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

I have learned this model is going to be discontinued becuase it is really designed to do everything but not one thing well specifically in the lay out. I do alot of fishing and that is what the boat's primary use will be and they are making the aft fish box a livewell for me so I can keep striped bass/fluke/bunker alive becuase of tournament fishing and culling. She has no real rigging area for knives and pliers and dehookers and such. They are also putting a cutting board on the hatch to the rear fish box for me.The original livewell is to small as is the starboard cooler..........change , geez
Have you done anything you can share (no rod holders in cabin either :shock: ) to set your boat up?

I am used to a 1994 24' explorer which is laid out super nice

Don't get me wrong, boat is great just not in one specific use does it shine