2nd Annual Grady White Owner's Shootout!

blackdiamond296

Reaction score
Hello All,
I know that a few site members participated in this event last year and enjoyed it, so I thought I'd post it again this year for anyone else who might be interested.

The basic run down is that on Saturday, October 10th, Spellman's at Grovers, Fishin' Mission, and Grady White, are sponsoring a one day Striped Bass and Bluefish Shootout for Grady White Owners only- FREE OF CHARGE!

The event again this year will be hosted at the Kismet Inn on Fire Island. Check in will be at 7:00am and the weigh in is at 4:00pm. As it was last year, our goal is to make it a first class family event. Feel free to bring your families to our weigh-in and awards buffet dinner.

Prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in both Striped Bass and Bluefish categories as well as raffle prizes and other Grady logo-ed stuff have arrived hear on Long Island from the Grady-White factory in Greenville, North Carolina and are ready to be provided at no charge at our event again this year.

This is just a brief overview, for more information you can email me at cbellz@gmail.com (I'm Chris Jr, I helped my father run the shootout last year) or call my father's office at Grover's: (516) 771-7020.

Tight Lines!

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
I think is a stupid question but i'll ask anyway,
does a Grady owner have to fish out of a Grady ? Can i bring my other boat(not Grady) ?

George, Im pretty sure its Gradys only.

We had a great time last year and are looking foward to the 10th.

2005 300 Marlin w/F250's

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Any transient dockage in the area?

I'd like to fish this but running around the Island and then back again same day will be a bit much.

blackdiamond296

Reaction score
Ideally yes, we'd like to keep it to the Grady's only (the marina is definitely a pretty cool sight with all of 'em lined up!).

As for docking- Docking is available for Friday and Saturday nights for those who would like to hang around a bit. Ordinarily docking at the Kismet Inn is $125 for an overnight and you receive a $100 credit for food/beverage in the restaurant. Being the gracious hosts that they are, the Kismet Inn will waive the docking fee for shootout participants! Both Friday and Saturday nights were a good time at last year's event, and I'm sure it'll be the same this year.

If you are not already signed up for the Shootout and would like to, just shoot me an email, including how many will be in your crew so we can give the Inn a headcount.

Thank,
Chris Jr.

Bob Coco

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm interested in attending.

Weather permitting, It's a long ride from the Peconic Bay. I would arrive Friday afternoon. How many boats are signed up sofar? I sent you an email this morning. I just bought the boat and have not fished it yet.

Anyone know how far Kismit is from Shinnicock locks or Inlet? I'd like to arrive while it's still daylight out.

Thanks, Bob

blackdiamond296

Reaction score
Bob-
I can't speak to the timing for your trip since I'm coming from the opposite direction but I'm sure somebody here will have the answer. Last I heard, the count was up to about 18 boats, slightly ahead of last year's pace.

I got your email this morning, it will be much easier to give you all the details over the phone, I'll give you a call during the day tomorrow.

Thanks,
Chris Jr

fishinmission

Reaction score
Help

Any one needing any Help with Fuel , Docking or Bait for this tournament Call Me at 631-225-5700 we have our new marina / Store in Bayshore to help any Grady owners out who are doing the tournament.

FishinMission we fish a 25 ' Advance 257

To the Canyon and Back

blackdiamond296

Reaction score
Just one last reminder for anyone interested in signing up for this Saturday's shootout- there's still time!

If you are want to sign up or just get some of the specifics, you can email me at cbellz@gmail.com, or call Chris at the Spellman's at Grover's sales office- 516-771-7020.

See you on Saturday!

-Chris Jr.

Bob Coco

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
See you all tonight. I'm leaving the Peconic at around 1 pm. Boats name is FISHIN DAZE 8)

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Chris, hats off to you,your father Chris Sr. and all who organized and made the Kismet Shootout one of the most friendly and enjoyable tourneys around.

Already looking foward to next year... :D

blackdiamond296

Reaction score
Bob,
I'm glad you enjoyed the day!

The conditions Saturday made fishing in Fire Island inlet pretty interesting on but it didn't sure seem to put a damper on anyone's mood at the weigh in!

Thanks to everyone from the boards who came out for the shootout, hopefully we'll be able to make the 3rd go round even better!

-Chris Jr.

mronzo

Reaction score
I was away for the weekend but I would have liked to
be in that! I wish they could sponsor one out of Jones Inlet too!

LI Grady

Reaction score
Chris, Spellman's, GW and the crew at the Kismet Inn

Once again a great time! This is the 2nd year my crew and I have participated and we can't wait for next year.

I know how much work goes into organizing a tournement and appreciate you guys doing it for the Grady Owners

Joe